Thread: Won't read over 86.688 lb/min

Won't read over 86.688 lb/min

We were out tuning my friend's turbo 4.8 2010 Silverado last night and we had some weird problems when we went over 12 psi. It seems no matter what values are the in the MAF table, it won't read over 86.688 lb/min. At first I was thinking it might be a fuel system limitation but we have dual 255s in tank and the injectors were only at 9.7 msec. Attached is a scan of when it would happen and the current tune.
    Last edited by skalor; 09-14-2010 at 10:45 AM.
    '89 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Coupe - '99 L67 minus the M90 plus a 60-1

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    655.35g/sec is the hardcoded pid limit, no way around it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

so we would have to switch to map?

is there a drop in 2.5 like out of a cobalt we can drop in the stock intake manifold and upgrade to MAP os?

thanks
    Last edited by denmah; 09-14-2010 at 01:55 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not really, the maf still reads after that, at that point its simply a pcm scanner pid limitation as far as I know.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

What about scaling back both the IFR and MAF table?? There is a TH400 attached so calculated torque values won't be screwing up the shifts. If that's not an option I saw the 2.5 bar E38 ECM enhancement, is it available for this OS??

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Not really, the maf still reads after that, at that point its simply a pcm scanner pid limitation as far as I know.
    So your saying that the 655.35 g/sec limit is just in relation to the scanner?? I ask because no matter how much I modified the MAF table, any cell above 86.688 lb/min wanted more fuel. I added ~15% 5 times with no effect at all to the AFR. I don't think it's fuel system problem like I mentioned because the IDC would be much higher than 44%.