Thread: DTC issues

Tuner

DTC issues

Maybe I'm an idiot, but if I uncheck the SES box and set the code to 3:report no error, does that mean it should be totally ignored and not still set, if so I have issues, I have some codes I've turned off due to long tubes and they still set as they please

Any idea or suggestions would be great.

If it helps any, I've been chase'n my tail on P0133 and P0153 but I think I may have cured them in the CL 02 error table, now P1133 and P1153 is back on, but interesting enough all are set to report no error.

Tuner
    ANYBODY????

just an update, drove home from work, 40 miles and only set P1133 and P1153, still curious to why it is setting codes I have turned off. If it helps it will only do it after the key has cycled and the car has been restarted, this happened when I stopped in wally world, not far down the road there's the light again.

Am I posting this in the wrong section or something?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    read your vehicles pcm in its current state & post that file.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Do you mean tune or like the trouble codes set that I can see with the scanner?? I can post the tune on the car, actually that may help, because at one time the car had NOS and for all I know it could still be tuned for that, I know it wouldn't affect my issues, but possibly with timing if its tuned for NOS.

I have attached both the current tune on the car and a log file from where I played in the CL 02 error table, I had to re-adjust that some and it seems to have fixed the P0133 and P0153 issue, but not the others mentioned.

Thanks for any help, and by all means, please pick over the tune as I haven't changed it from when I got the car besides messing with DTC's and the one 02 error table.

I do have a wide-band, just not installed yet, still getting around to that!

Tuner
    OK, so I didn't have P1133 and P1153 turned off, I have done so now and will see what happens tomorrow, although I did have P0133 and P0153 off and they still set.

Tuner
    Well, as I suspected, the light is back on this morning. After stopping about 15 miles in on my drive to work for a good ole yoo-hoo I get back on the road and about a mile down the road there’s my little friend. Interestingly enough it only set P1153 this time.....

I was always told there is so such thing as a stupid question so I'm going to ask this, but when I flash my PCM I use "calibration only", do I need to be using "write entire" for it to take the DTC changes????
    Last edited by aquadalespeedshop; 09-15-2010 at 05:57 AM.

Calibration only will make changes to the DTC. Leave the SES checked and set the result to "3" for the ones you want off.

Tuner
    So leaving the box checked but set to "no error reported" will kill the SES light from coming back on? because I've been doing a little reading in the help section of what tables do and I believe I have about messed up in one table to try and resolve this mess, the car surges and runs slugish at low rpms.

I just need clear instruction of how to properly tune out certian codes, and then I will learn as I go in the help section of tables and how to start making corrections for various little changes I've done.

Tuner
    I guess all that's left to do is pull the motor and build a 408...... that should fix it

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by aquadalespeedshop View Post
    So leaving the box checked but set to "no error reported" will kill the SES light from coming back on? because I've been doing a little reading in the help section of what tables do and I believe I have about messed up in one table to try and resolve this mess, the car surges and runs slugish at low rpms.

I just need clear instruction of how to properly tune out certian codes, and then I will learn as I go in the help section of tables and how to start making corrections for various little changes I've done.
    Unfortunately we didn't write the code we just reverse engineer it, I've seen it vary from vehicle to vehicle. Try setting them to 3 & leave it checked, if that fixes it great, if not try setting them to 3 & unchecked. There is no steadfast way. Try looking at a alloytech cal, they have like 17 different ways to set the dtc's lol.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Oh boy Drove 80 miles and 3 key cycles with no SES !!!!!!!!! I geuss every code just wants something different, some I have unchecked and set to 3, some are checked and set to 3, who knows, as long as its doing what I ask it to at some point

NOW LET THE FUN BEGIN, where to start tuning????