Thread: New Beta Scanner Frame Rate - BIG Improvement

Senior Tuner

New Beta Scanner Frame Rate - BIG Improvement

Just tried one of the newer beta versions that has the upgraded scanner coding mentioned by Keith in another thread and I have to say what a difference!

This was on a 2008 Challenger SRT8, which is an NGC4 VCM and does not have the Enhanced PID's loaded yet. I was logging only SAE PID's and seeing frame rates of just over 11 fps versus about 2.5 fps before the update.

I don't know how much this has helped on Ford or GM yet, but it has definitely made an improvement on the Dodge side.
    Jaime

The changes I made will increase communications across the board, scanning, flashing, etc..

The scanner changes will be most notable on Ford's, Dodge's, and LS1 style GM's that scan more than 48 bytes or LS2 style that scan more than 56.

There is still one more scanner fix I have implemented in the unstable code that will give another noticeable increase to Ford and Dodge scan methods as well, but that won't make it into 2.24.

Good to hear its working.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Hey Jaime

Do you know if the scanner will pickup trans temp? I am getting ready to put a converter in a car and the infinite wisdom of mercedes made it require a special tool and forces you to fill the fluid via trans temp.

Senior Tuner
    My initial answer would be probably not, but I have not tried it. Seems to me that it would not be an SAE required PID. It is worth a try though. I can check it later today on the Challenger and see if it's there. Since the trans is common across those makes..... maybe.

We use a long dipstick tool for the Chrysler/Dodge trannies. Never really heard about the trans temp deal, but I guess they want it hot for an accurate fill.
    Last edited by ElecTech; 10-05-2010 at 08:40 AM.
    Jaime

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Likely not an SAE pid as stated
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"