Thread: anyone make any VE changes?

anyone make any VE changes?

I changed my ve table and saw no difference afterwards. wtf? Anyone else make any ve changes yet?
    Keith&&99 camaro - cam & bolt ons&&13.65 @ 101 239rwhp/244 rwtq&&- in badly need of a real tune, help us v6 cats need more tables openned -

Advanced Tuner

Re: anyone make any VE changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Seppo_Kaitainen
    I changed my ve table and saw no difference afterwards. wtf? Anyone else make any ve changes yet?
    ???

did you make make the "right" changes is the question..

not to mention after you reflash your computer it still has alot of learning to do.. it will take 3-4 wot blasts to get it setteled in..

what kind of mods do you have?

what did you change?

-Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

I drove for about 20 mins w/ the maf unplugged. logged the run.

Changed the 10 and 20 cells -10 based on my ltft's..... Then drove the car at least 300-400 miles. And made some more unplugged maf logging runs. The ltft's were virtually the same as b/f I made the VE changes.

I would really like to fix my daily driving fuel curves, w/o changing my calculated injector flow rates.
    Keith&&99 camaro - cam & bolt ons&&13.65 @ 101 239rwhp/244 rwtq&&- in badly need of a real tune, help us v6 cats need more tables openned -

I've only made on small change, and that was low rpm, to see if it would cure a tip-in knock problem, and it seems ot have worked...

I believe the VE tables are only used when a large change in throttle is detected...the PCM knows that the MAF readings will lag during that time, so it uses the VE tables to compensate...

One thing that I did (because I have a descreened TB) is I increased the airflow across the MAF range (more airflow will make the PCM add more fuel, less airflow will make the PCM take out fuel.....just don't get it too far outof whack, or you risk leaning it out)....

I was getting knock at cruise, and this seemed to fix it....I increased my airflow by 2.5% across the range (multiply all values by 1.025), and that seems to have helped....I'm going to bump it up to 3.5%, and see how that works....

As a note, I increased my airflow numbers, because I my MAF screen removed, so I know there's more air going in than the MAF is calibrated for...something to consider......

John