Thread: Went to 2 bar tune now car won't start.

Tuner in Training

Went to 2 bar tune now car won't start.

Hello, I have a 2007 c6 with a p1sc that's running 7-8lbs of boost with meth. Well I bought a 2bar sensor off ls1tech *received a sensor with no numbers on it at all* and upgraded to the 2 bar os and now the car won't even idle. I don't know if it's something I did or didn't do in the 2bar tune, or if it's the map sensor but any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Devon

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    VE table is unrealistic.

I would start there.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    ok, i will try to get some better numbers for the ve imrc open & closed tables. Could you tell me why they only go to 175kpa though instead of 210kpa?

I also noticed that in the run position that the map reading was very high 100's souldn't it be around 100?

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I put the stock map sensor and got the ve table closer and the car runs now. When I put the 2bar sensor back in with the stock settings for the map it reads the same in the scanner as the factory map did. When I put the numbers at 200 for map linear or 8,9.34,10 for the offset it read 190'ish not running and low 100's at idle.

So did this guy off tech sale me a sensor thats not a 2bar?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonsz View Post
    ok, i will try to get some better numbers for the ve imrc open & closed tables. Could you tell me why they only go to 175kpa though instead of 210kpa?
    Because you haven't adjusted them to 210kpa, its not a true 2 bar custom os since it could be used with a 1 bar sensor, 1.3 bar sensor, 2 bar sensor or 2.5 bar sensor or anywhere in between.

YOU and only YOU know what sensor you want to use.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Because you haven't adjusted them to 210kpa, its not a true 2 bar custom os since it could be used with a 1 bar sensor, 1.3 bar sensor, 2 bar sensor or 2.5 bar sensor or anywhere in between.

YOU and only YOU know what sensor you want to use.
    Ah, I just figured it would change to it like my 2001 camaro did when I went 2 bar with it. I'll change those values next. Will that help with how the map sensor is reading though?

Thanks for the help.

Tuner in Training
    Here is the lastest tune that I have going right now. I'm using the said *2bar map sensor* that I just bought off of tech and it reads the same as the stock one.

if your 2bar MAP with the 94.43 MAP linear calibration loaded reads the same as your stock map, then your 2bar MAP is not really 2bar.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    if your 2bar MAP with the 94.43 MAP linear calibration loaded reads the same as your stock map, then your 2bar MAP is not really 2bar.
    Thank you, thats what I was thinking but I guess I was hoping it was something I was missing in the the tune else where. Now I get to try and get my $$$ back. lol...

Thanks guys,
    Devon

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If I were going "2 bar" I would go with the 2.5 bar map dpe makes http://dpecorvettes.com/

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    If I were going "2 bar" I would go with the 2.5 bar map dpe makes http://dpecorvettes.com/
    Part # 12580698 or the new # 12615136 would work as well right? It's the cobalt sensor from what i've read and thought that's what I had just bought.