Thread: TCC Ramp Exceeded??????Help Please

Tuner in Training

TCC Ramp Exceeded??????Help Please

Can anyone help with this one? My tcc wont lock up . No codes present. I maxed out all misfire detection tables and no 1870 codes either. With the HPTuners scanner I can lock it up and it works and kicks in and doesnt slip. I cant get the ecm to lock it. I have attatched the tune and the scan. When scanning it , in the pid table, the block beside "TCC Ramp Exceeded
    " is red in color. Does anyone know what this is or how to fix this?
    fYI this tune is for a 2000 Camaro LS1 engine and 4l60e combo I swapped into an older vehicle.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by buktooth View Post
    Can anyone help with this one? My tcc wont lock up . No codes present. I maxed out all misfire detection tables and no 1870 codes either. With the HPTuners scanner I can lock it up and it works and kicks in and doesnt slip. I cant get the ecm to lock it. I have attatched the tune and the scan. When scanning it , in the pid table, the block beside "TCC Ramp Exceeded
    " is red in color. Does anyone know what this is or how to fix this?
    fYI this tune is for a 2000 Camaro LS1 engine and 4l60e combo I swapped into an older vehicle.
    Thanks in advance.

you have an mph error in your shift tables and here is were you adjust tcc, mph vs tps.
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help! I see the error and I adjusted the shift tables you showed me in the first jpeg you posted, but Im lost on the second jpeg. Are you saying to disable all three max line dtc's, and match the hot and normal tcc apply/rel speeds? Also under my tcc tab I do not have "Full throttle apply/release " to adjust. Are you using a beta or maybe my HPT version needs updating.
    Last edited by buktooth; 10-25-2010 at 08:51 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Still there?

Is your brake switch logic backwards?
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Bingo! You are correct sir. Sorry for the late reply, but I found the problem just after my last post. When I made this harness for this ls1 swap I looked at the cruise wiring diag. which had +12v with brake pedal applied. But that was to be applied to the cruise module not the pcm. The pcm requires +12v all the time and open w/brakes applied. Due to insuficient room under the dash I could not fit the newer gm brake switch that does both, so I just wired up a relay to do the job. It works great now. Thank you all for your help.

It's supposed to be +12 in natural state and ground when the pedal is touched, but it's nice to know that you can float the input and get reliable operation.

I see this issue and issues related fairly often; glad you got it going.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com