Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big mess... 2 bar? alpha n ? Ld9 ?

Do you know what years on the s10's started getting BCM's?

psh your guess is as good as mine, mine is a 2000 flex fuel vehicle though

Quote Originally Posted by 1tuffs10 View Post
    psh your guess is as good as mine, mine is a 2000 flex fuel vehicle though
    Do you have a BCM?

im gonna say no but i would have to double check

I'm not sure if the LD9 Reflash can be or not..... I have personally never tried. I heared somebody once say they did, but I have never confirmed it. It seems like all the S10s I have tunes, people have sold or wrecked. There is one local who I am supposed to tune when he gets his engine buld completed, but I have not heared from him in a while. I guess its possible, but I'm not gonna waste credits on a random S10 to find out....

BTW, 1tuffs10, please tell me that you don't have a cheap ass filter on that turbo.... If it has a chrome looking cap in the center, TAKE IT OFF IMMEDIATELY! I have seen them sucked into the turbo and as you can imagine, its not pretty.....
    Last edited by imphat0260; 11-20-2010 at 11:27 PM.

P&P Tuning

OMG NOOO that would suck so much...lol but no its not that one in the picture anymore i have a good one on there! yea i dont blame you for not wanting to waste time with credits on an s10, im just gonna go with megasquirt probably after i do a full build or aem, i know of one person that has done an aem setup on his s10! im just gonna keep doing some more research and see what i can come up with! i know there are ways just gonna find them!

[QUOTE=imphat0260;238378]I'm not sure if the LD9 Reflash can be or not..... I have personally never tried. I heared somebody once say they did, but I have never confirmed it. It seems like all the S10s I have tunes, people have sold or wrecked. There is one local who I am supposed to tune when he gets his engine buld completed, but I have not heared from him in a while. I guess its possible, but I'm not gonna waste credits on a random S10 to find out....

Ill gamble with my credits if there may be a possibility for better results.
    1999 Gmc Sonoma 2.2

Tuner in Training
    Starting in 98 I believe the s10 2.2 had a bcm. Hope this helps. Also the BCM is located under the carpet between the driver and pass seats.

Tuner in Training
    you will lose speedo function and the battery light will come on. The charge gauge will still work and the battery will charge fine, but the light will be on. Ive tried flashing a regular ld9 file in and it works fine as far as tuning everything. So I dont think the superchrger reflash will be a problem.
    98 s10 5.3 5spd.

k that shouldnt be to much of a problem anyway since my gps unit displays speed anyway lol... but im sure that for a track vehicle that im turning it into that doesnt bother me to much,as far as the battery light if i check it and i see its charging and holding a charge i can get rid of that easily! thanks for the info that helped out!

Tuner in Training
    theres probably a way to get the speedo going with the settings but havent put much time into it yet.
    98 s10 5.3 5spd.

I am kinda chasing my tail here. I have knowledge of how an engine works and how to rebuild them but tuning is quite a bit more involved than I thought is was going to be. I was hoping to find someone local and hire them to help me with this setup but so far no luck. Could you guys help me with some referals to good tuning books please? It has been a few months now and I am still highly motivated to learn tuning for f.i. but would like to know in detail about what I am doing and the effects it will have. Thanks guys
    1999 Gmc Sonoma 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyjimmy View Post
    I am kinda chasing my tail here. I have knowledge of how an engine works and how to rebuild them but tuning is quite a bit more involved than I thought is was going to be. I was hoping to find someone local and hire them to help me with this setup but so far no luck. Could you guys help me with some referals to good tuning books please? It has been a few months now and I am still highly motivated to learn tuning for f.i. but would like to know in detail about what I am doing and the effects it will have. Thanks guys
    Where are you located?

QWKLN2 is a great tuner and really knows the 2200 very well. He travels for tuning sometimes, so depending on where you are you could work with him. Ask him

As for the GM reflash on a S10 2200, if it has a BCM then gauges should still work (I could be wrong).

For us Jbody's 99's did not have a BCM, and if you put the reflash on a 99 you lose most of your gauge functions, but it runs the motor like it should.

Tuner in Training
    So 2000 was the first year for the bcm in a jbody? Also the NA ld9 file I flashed into my s10 tuned just like it should. Just the speedo didnt work. Should be able to figure out why.
    Last edited by 98S10; 11-28-2010 at 07:24 PM.
    98 s10 5.3 5spd.

Tuner in Training
    Maybe the s10 guys might need to swap a jbody ecm into them and swap some pins around. Not sure though.
    98 s10 5.3 5spd.

Quote Originally Posted by 98S10 View Post
    So 2000 was the first year for the bcm in a jbody? Also the NA ld9 file I flashed into my s10 tuned just like it should. Just the speedo didnt work. Should be able to figure out why.
    yes 2000 was the first year the jbody had a BCM. So if the N/A LD9 file worked on your truck the LD9 GM reflash will also.

is your truck a auto or manual?

Tuner in Training
    My truck is a manual. Yes I dont see any reason the reflash wouldnt work on the s10.
    98 s10 5.3 5spd.

nice im def gonna have to try that because i dont really want to deal with this alpha-n tuning ive done enough for a basic tune but its too much of a headache and to many lean and rich spots that i just cant tune because of it

any ideas as to where i could get a ld9 reflash and supposedly from other forums ive looked at it just changes over the ve tables from tps/rpm to kpa so it can use the map for 2 bar and speed density which is exactly what i want and on 2000 cavaliers it didnt lose any gauge functions but i dont know about the s10 bcm so if its just the speedo then thats no biggie im sure theres a way to fix it or even couldnt u get a speedometer and a sender unit if u really wanted or needed it?

The reflash is in the repository... If you can't find it, I'm sure one of us could email you a copy...

P&P Tuning