Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Throttle Opening Rate

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebdb56 View Post
    Engine>Airflow>Electronic Throttle>Desired Throttle Area
    Map A, B, C, D, etc.

Small changes go a long way, just from experience. Honestly most of the throttle settings from stock are great, but I'm sure maybe maxing the whole table out for 15% and up would benefit some people drag racing potentially.
    Good luck with that .

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    A better way is sticky tires. Why not a set of drag radials or slicks?
    That'll do it.

Or for street tires use the "maximum torque" table. This generally works with TC off as well and simply limits torque (power) to whatever you want.

Ah, I just asked what the hell Max Torque Timing does. I's still confuzzled. GM wouldn't put a Traction Control feature if it wasn't meant to be used. You can also adjust Traction Control limits. Just saying....
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

A better way is sticky tires. Why not a set of drag radials or slicks?
    A Mickey Thompson 345 did this to me:

Cut the brake line along with the wiring for the wheel speed sensor and the fuel pump, and took a bite out of the differential cooler. I'll take spinning for $600, Alex! Haha.

The 20 second burnout and 6500rpm launch probably didn't help. Oh well.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    A Mickey Thompson 345 did this to me:

Cut the brake line along with the wiring for the wheel speed sensor and the fuel pump, and took a bite out of the differential cooler. I'll take spinning for $600, Alex! Haha.

The 20 second burnout and 6500rpm launch probably didn't help. Oh well.
    lol, probably not. I have a customer with an 08 Z06tt and he took out an axle and cracked the rear diff right beside the tranny mount on a launch with drag radials. He has since upgraded the axles from the drive shaft shop and has swapped out the rear diff for the ZR1 diff which is made from aluminum and magnesium as apposed to the straight aluminum diff in the Z06. Hasn't broken anything since replacing those components.
    1998 Cavalier Z24 - Fully built 3800 V6 running a Precision PT67 billet ball bearing turbo. 601WHP and 511WTQ @ 18psi on 91 octane pump fuel

Raven Autosports

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by raven3800t View Post
    lol, probably not. I have a customer with an 08 Z06tt and he took out an axle and cracked the rear diff right beside the tranny mount on a launch with drag radials. He has since upgraded the axles from the drive shaft shop and has swapped out the rear diff for the ZR1 diff which is made from aluminum and magnesium as apposed to the straight aluminum diff in the Z06. Hasn't broken anything since replacing those components.
    I don't think DStech's problem was the tire. You do have to have your suspension and components set up properly. Spinning only loses ET!

An automatic tranny would have most likely prevented this too and got him a better 60' time as well.

I have R-Compounds (Toyo R888 in 305/30/19) but plan to move to an 18" wheel to open up more tires and run a MT ET Radial II in 305/35/18). Even with drag radials I'm not going to be able to hook in first, at least not on the street. I've thought about playing with the traction control to get it to ease up a bit instead of falling on it's face but most of the time I'm already spinning pretty good before the TC is able to kick in. Also it would be hard to determine what torque loss % is needed. I had thought of playing with the ETC TPS Max table too but that will limit max TPS in all gears. It's not less TPS I need, it's squeezing the throttle in first and second instead of mashing it and I don't have that restraint so hopefully the opening rate table will help me out there. Just need to get my alternator/charging problem sorted first.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

I don't think DStech's problem was the tire. You do have to have your suspension and components set up properly. Spinning only loses ET!

An automatic tranny would have most likely prevented this too and got him a better 60' time as well.
    I knew it was going to happen. It's a pretty common occurence with the 2006 half shafts. It was a textbook failure. My C5 half shafts didn't do that, but I had to run stockers after the boots got tears.

Tuner in Training

Very true for sure, you wheel hop in the slightest and you could be in for an expensive repair. The car I was talking about has a full race suspenion from one of the daytona c6r team's but it still broke. Anything can happen at a drag strip thats for sure, even good parts brake sometime.
    1998 Cavalier Z24 - Fully built 3800 V6 running a Precision PT67 billet ball bearing turbo. 601WHP and 511WTQ @ 18psi on 91 octane pump fuel

Raven Autosports

ECS has some half shaft loops to prevent them from damaging other things when they break. Only available for the C5 though.
    Bill Winters

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    ECS has some half shaft loops to prevent them from damaging other things when they break. Only available for the C5 though.
    There was no stopping this. The metal chunks flew out with pretty amazing velocity. Oh well. I know how to prevent it. My car never wheel hops... it was just way too much stress.

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    i believe they do make them for the C6, or at least someone does... i have installed a few sets of half shaft loops on C6's, and whoever made them, they looked and fit nicely.

There was no stopping this. The metal chunks flew out with pretty amazing velocity. Oh well. I know how to prevent it. My car never wheel hops... it was just way too much stress.
    Same thing happened to a customer of mine. C6 with LS3 swap, 345 mickey thompsons, barely slipped the clutch at the track and the diff went "poof" before the 60' lol.
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Well I got my charging system issue sorted. Believe it or not it was the plugs...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...ith-boost.html

So I will try the very low opening rate on the way home from work today.

To speak towards the hijacked second subject of this thread I have not seen any/many C6 Z diffs explode. DSteck's diff was intact I believe, just the CV joint exploded on him. I have a DTE brace on mine but I don't expect that to make it bulletproof. I have the worst diff known to Corvettes. An '05 behind an M6. If I were smart I would do what it takes to swap it out with an '06+ diff or retrofit a C5 Z diff before mine grenades but I'm not.
    Bill Winters

Lol you sir are a brave man. I wish I still had pictures of Javi's diff. Some people just get lucky though, like running a 60E with just a servo on heads/cam setups forever.

Btw, did you ever get to dyno with the meth? Or at least figure out about how much timing it let you add?
    '20 AT4

Dyno'ing Friday afternoon at England Green.
    Bill Winters

I'm not worried about my diff at all. The C6Z diff is braced on it's own because of the webbing in the casting. The CV joint housing is a brittle piece of crap on the 06 axles though. A 9.XX" ring gear is nice too.

Lemme know how the dyno goes. They used to be just a few units down from my office. Is Jason the Cajun guy still working with the British dude? Hadn't seem them in a while.

I'm not worried about my diff at all. The C6Z diff is braced on it's own because of the webbing in the casting. The CV joint housing is a brittle piece of crap on the 06 axles though. A 9.XX" ring gear is nice too.
    Damn didn't realize the rings were that big in those. I wish I had a C6Z, maybe someday lol
    '20 AT4

Quote Originally Posted by jakebdb56 View Post
    Damn didn't realize the rings were that big in those. I wish I had a C6Z, maybe someday lol
    GM wasn't playing around with the C6 Z06 and ZR1... unless you're talking about half shafts.

I'll find the next weak link in this thing soon enough... in a few months, a pair of GT35Rs are going to be testing the driveline integrity. I'm pretty sure I'll smoke the front bearing in the trans before the car's even tuned. Haha.

So I tried 5% and didn't notice a real difference so I took the 1st, 2nd and neutral rows down to 1% and while I did notice a decrease in throttle response it didn't accomplish what I wanted it to. As soon as boost came in @ 3500 it would lose traction. I thought by slowly increasing the throttle it would prevent this but I guess I am just too awesome.

I'll just have to invest in some stickier rubber. Supposedly MT is coming out with a 19" ET Street Radial II.

Lemme know how the dyno goes. They used to be just a few units down from my office. Is Jason the Cajun guy still working with the British dude? Hadn't seem them in a while.
    Yea Jason teamed up with Stephen to become EG. They are over on OST and 288 now. Very centrally located. I'll post up the dyno.
    Bill Winters