Thread: How much timing is enough?

Potential Tuner

How much timing is enough?

I'm trying to figure out how much timing to command during cruise and anything pre-boost.

I run a really aggressive timing table still don't see any knock but I'm not sure if I'm just throwing too much timing and losing torque/power.

I would appreciate if anyone can provide some insight or tips for me. I'm not looking into a dyno session yet but perhaps in the future.

My current timing table:

L67, XP cam, 94 oct.

Wow...That table works? Its really cut and dry and squared off! (I.e. no transitions) In order to get some help we'll need to know what kind of engine it is.

See above^
    "L67, XP cam, 94 oct."

Here's how my table looks. I'm not sure I would go over 40 on normal e10 pump gas. In my particular case, I found that the engine sounded like crap and seemed to make LESS power when I went above 40*. I guess one way to tell is by looking at the airflow before and after but I didn't get that crazy with it lol

My mods are L67, XP, Stg3 ic

Advanced Tuner
    I see 48-50* in the cells I cruise in most , around 72 mph 2000/2100 rpm as i recall.
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)