Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lil treat since it was just Halloween ;)

Lil treat since it was just Halloween ;)

This is something I've been working on quietly for a lil bit now. Using this spreadsheet, you will be able to smooth all of the important tables in HP Tuners and get your car running & driving Smoooooth as silk!

You will copy and paste your current table into the appropriate sheet in the spreadsheet. It will then show you a better 3d map of your table. From here, you can make changes right in the spreadsheet and watch how it effects the table LIVE!! You can then copy and paste the new smoothed table back to your tune and move onto the next table! This comes in hand GREATLY if you are changing the load axis' on tables

Screenies:

(Cam Timing)

(Spark Advance - NEW VERSION - V1.1 has it.)

(MAF Correction)

(Day/Night MAF vs Freq Adjustment)

(DAL Curve, helps GREATLY with TF/HP Tuned cars)

(MAL Curve, again, mainly to help with TF/HP Tunes)

Annnnddddd.....

ROAD DYNO!!!! WOOT!!!

This will convert a csv output of your log into a Road Dyno. I used a log from a dyno day and the whp/wtq of that car to calculate the formula. I then tried a diff log and compared it to the dyno readout from that log, and it was right on the money. Is this the end all be all? Absolutely not!! Can you fudge the results, SURE. BUT for comparison sake, and being honest with yourself (lol), this will help see if you are gaining or hurting your tune with your changes

BYT Tuning Spreadsheet and Road Dyno XLSM
    *NOTE - This version is only Excel 07+ compatible right now!!! The file name is a .xlsm file for right now*
    (Im having issues converting the new functions to older Excel, it will work in future updates!)

BYT Tuning Spreadsheet XLS
    *If you have the older Excel, use this one for now, there is no Road Dyno still but the new smoothing functions are loaded for you

I did include a intro page with some basic info on how each page works and quick instructions. It's fairly straight forward tho, lemme know if you find any issues with it please!!!! I will be releasing more in-depth versions down the road with more sheets and functions!

Excel Notes: With <2003 Excel, it doesn't show the shading on the tables but it still does in the charts. I used 2007 to create it and any PC I tried with a newer Excel showed everything correctly. It all appears to function correctly no matter what version, just the color shading is there or not there. Unless you have 2007+ you can NOT use the Road Dyno function right now. This should change soon, just need to put in some more work and figure it out!

Enjoy

The LSJ Version:
    (Still a work in progress, keep an eye out for updates!)
    BYT LSJ Spreadsheet!
    Last edited by BackyardTurbo_FTW; 11-16-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Unlock the Butt Dyno already. lol.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

You want me to calibrate your butt dyno? :P LOL!

Seriously now, I am working on it! I have an idea to fix the issue Im having, so Ill be trying more stuff out tonight.

Does the HPT smoothing function just not work that well for these tables or something?...

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

A lot of people prefer to hand smooth their tables. While the colored tables in HPT helps, it's not AS defined as this IMO. When you start changing load axis' and skewing the timing to help spool up a big turbo, this is very helpful to have. This just helps (me at least) visualize the changes between loads/rpm's.

Does HP have a Road Dyno app? At least that part will be worthwhile lol..

Very nice! This is way better than the spreadsheets I have been using for the exact same thing.

LSJ Version.. and.. I'll give you a hug LOL

Ill at least get a lsj timing smoothing sheet together tonight and then work on some more useful functions for those too.

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    You want me to calibrate your butt dyno? :P LOL!
    What...with a size 11???
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

I wear a 13 my man, you don't want that up there for sure LOL!

Advanced Tuner
    Smoothing stuff looks just like the HP Tuners stuff but the road dyno is kinda cool. I wonder if it will be even close to accurate under different conditions though. I guess there is only one way to find out

There are more complicated formulas that account for IAT and Baro Pressure etc.. This will be in a later version, for now Im going to get this out and working and then improve from there

I setup the tables to look just like HPT on purpose, the contour lines on the charts help greatly with showing the transitions between loads. I tested using these things on my own car and it did make it drive quite a bit smoother overall. I plan on making some screenshots of what I did for example sake.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Does the HPT smoothing function just not work that well for these tables or something?...
    That's what I was wondering. Seems like a lot of work for the same utility.

Nice job, however. Looks really good.

A little tidbit for everyone who may not realize it, but if you increase the resolution of you values in the HP tables (more zeros after the decimal) before you smooth it, it increases the "smoothness" of the table or creates a smoother looking table.
    Last edited by ElecTech; 11-02-2010 at 08:51 AM.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Pretty sweet. Looking forward to the "Road Dyno" because a gentleman from the GTO community did something similar and had some pretty good results.

Thanks BYT.
    Last edited by T-Man; 11-02-2010 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Posted about an error that was user related...
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

The actual smoothing will work the same, I can just visualize the table better with the chart. If you can use HPT and smooth it, then by all means, no need for this extra step.

Updated the spark advance chart, much nicer now

LSJ Sheet is in process already

Just a thought, but you should set it up so you can "activate" smoothing, then click a cell and have it smooth that cell based on the cells around it. I can code something like that and send it over to you to look at and see if it is something worth using.

That's a good suggestion! Send it to the email I listed in the sheet and Ill try it out tonight and see if I can get it working right. Maybe do a auto smooth function for the whole table and then you can chose to manually manipulate it how you like using the buttons I have already?

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    That's a good suggestion! Send it to the email I listed in the sheet and Ill try it out tonight and see if I can get it working right. Maybe do a auto smooth function for the whole table and then you can chose to manually manipulate it how you like using the buttons I have already?
    Yeah, that is pretty much what I was thinking.

LSJ version added above