Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 1.6.0 is available now!

Tuner in Training

Re: VCM Suite 1.6.0 is available now!

And if I do have to pay 299, is that for the whole year or just one car?

Rick

Advanced Tuner

Re: VCM Suite 1.6.0  is available now!

wow.. the v6'rs dident get jack$hit.. well, nothing exciting anyway..

literaly nothing.. or atleast nothing in the listing there..

FYI keith.. I am not impressed.. and very dissapointed in this release..
    expecialy with all the big talk you all said abou 1.6 beaing a big release.. and now nothing?

I honestly am not bothering to download it..

-Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Missing2

expecialy with all the big talk you all said abou 1.6 beaing a big release.. and now nothing?

Ok normally I just don't reply to these things.. but your post was just funny.

All of these.. "Hey you guys are the next best thing since sliced bread" and then your post.. I got a good laugh out of it.

I downloaded it and have not tried it yet, so no comment.. this was funny stuff though.
    Nick Steffens&&2002 Z06&&

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

i too am unimpressed as fara as the v6 stuff goes...basiically i got like 1 or 2 things in the editor and the copy/paste feataure...ls1 guys got tons of stuff that will be useful though and i dont think anyone wouldve thought the 2/3 bar support was going to run anywhere near that much.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner

Is there anything that allows us to command full maf operation or a 50/50 blend of maf/sd? I thought 1.6 was gonna have this feature.
    98 M6 TA, mods: tsp torquer(233/233 .589 112), Patriot golds, ls6 oil pump, ls6 intake, tsp lid, pacesetter LT\'s and ORY, magnaflow, fra, HPTUNER!

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy
    Ok, help me out here. For the 2bar stuff, If I already have the pro package with alot of cars now, does that mean I have to spend another 3K to get the version of the 2bar again? Or do I just download and I get 1.6 now?

Rick
    It is an extra licensed feature. $299 gets you the ability to convert one vehicle to 2bar. $2999 gets you the ability to convert unlimited cars or trucks or both depending on which you purchase.
    I count sheep in hex...

And if I do have to pay 299, is that for the whole year or just one car?

Rick
    one car
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by luv2spd
    Is there anything that allows us to command full maf operation or a 50/50 blend of maf/sd? I thought 1.6 was gonna have this feature.
    in the Engine - Airflow - Dynamic Airflow, High RPM disable controls when the dynamic airflow is when the PCM looks purely at the MAF. The filter coeffcient above it filters the MAF airflow value.

I count sheep in hex...

I too am not real impressed with 1.6 for the V6. Looks like all we got was a COT enable temp and the cut and paste.

Where is the Knock calibration stuff? How come the AFR error % does not work? What about the 2 bar support all those poor FI guys have been begging for it?

2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Tuner in Training

COT was there in 1.5... 2Bar?? Im talking 3bar support.. I bet you could turn an m90 fast enough to pump out 25 lbs boost :

Tim

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

It is an extra licensed feature. $299 gets you the ability to convert one vehicle to 2bar. $2999 gets you the ability to convert unlimited cars or trucks or both depending on which you purchase.

the next question would be, how much does the MAP sensors cost and do they come with the package? Or do we have to buy all new ones?

Tuner

Is anyone ever happy? We should be happy with what we get. There is no concrete time for any update, and they really dont even have to make updates if they dont want.. They do make updates, and look at how much they have progressed just in the last two updates.. Give them time, and im sure we will all be set up how we like when they finished with version 10.0. Edit has been around since i can remember, and once a year maybe a small update? Its never anything to brag about for sure, Yet not one guy complains about that. Im more than happy with the update, and the new tools have really been nice to try out and see what they can do to make fine tuning a breeze, and so far im impressed.. Also we are lucky they even support v6 cars at all, lol and for a reasonable cost.. i can do just fine with the tables i have. Yes more is always better, but they will get to us im sure.. The 2 and 3 bar was more important for them. Updates dont make much income, but new features will.
    fast as fast can be..... When i hit the nos, youll be sayin... WAIT4ME!!!!!

Tuner in Training

As a 98 owner, I'm used to waiting for everything so waiting for the 98 version of the 3 bar map update is no big deal. Cost...well no one is ever happy with extra costs....i'm just happy that I will be able to finally dial in my FI'ed car.
    So when can I give you guys 299 for the 3 bar update???
    Jeremy B
    98 Formula A4 |DIY'er Racing Turbo Set Up|9.1 comp Forged internal Block|ROCK ON Stage 4 4L60E|Vig3800|HPT/Synergymotorsports assisted Tune|

Tuner in Training

I am very happy that they take the time to gie us what we want. To me thats great. Its just when you are a business owner, just like HPT, its hard to spend the initial amount of money for the tuning, then to have to spend more on the better stuff to go along with it. So for now I might havr to stick to just single user versions of the 2 and 3bar options. Not many people want to spend money on tunes these days anymore around our areas.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by roadracer96
    COT was there in 1.5... 2Bar?? Im talking 3bar support.. I bet you could turn an m90 fast enough to pump out 25 lbs boost :

Tim
    I've been exceeding my 2bar for over a year now withmy M90! I pull 17+ with my 2.8 pulley. I max the cylair table at 3/4 throttle! Dohh!

I am very happy that they take the time to gie us what we want. To me thats great. Its just when you are a business owner, just like HPT, its hard to spend the initial amount of money for the tuning, then to have to spend more on the better stuff to go along with it. So for now I might havr to stick to just single user versions of the 2 and 3bar options. Not many people want to spend money on tunes these days anymore around our areas.

Rick
    We asked a lot of tunershops what they deemed as a good split between per vehicle and unlimited. All agreed that the extra $299 was nothing to add to the customer s/c or turbo install (which is typically an $8k+ job) and then we wanted to have something that shops that fit a lot of forced induction didn't have to have the inconvenince of getting an upgrade everytime the wanted to tune a car. And so the number 10 was the answer! it's strange cos usually i'm told that 23 or 42 is usually the answer to most questions

I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Missing2

You gotta understand, most people who are building a car worth tuning, are doing it with a v8. you spend 650 (I did) on tuning software, when for twice that you could almost double your power with a v8.
    -Ryan

2002 ECSB
    Radix 3.0"
    220/226 548/575 114LSA
    TOG Headers

Tuner

Buddy of mine was really lookin forward to 1.6 to tune his GTP with, I've been impressed with the software myself. Too bad about the lack of V6 enhancements, I'm a DHP PT guy and if your software had included all those LS1 enhancements I woulda ordered it for myself like right now :-/

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

We asked a lot of tunershops what they deemed as a good split between per vehicle and unlimited. All agreed that the extra $299 was nothing to add to the customer s/c or turbo install (which is typically an $8k+ job) and then we wanted to have something that shops that fit a lot of forced induction didn't have to have the inconvenince of getting an upgrade everytime the wanted to tune a car. And so the number 10 was the answer! it's strange cos usually i'm told that 23 or 42 is usually the answer to most questions
    Yeah, I hear you on this one. I will just have to restructure my prices for the turbo vehicles if they want some additional features done then. I know I do have a few, one being my car, that will use this.

Rick

Tuner in Training

Just want to add a thankyou for the upgrade, some nice enhancements that will get used for sure.

And patiently waiting for 2.0 so that doing the things I should do will be easier.

Cheers.

Garry
    04 Adventra 14.6@96
    06 SS Thunder Ute....tuning started.