Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 1.6.0 is available now!

Re: VCM Suite 1.6.0 is available now!

Quote Originally Posted by retsell

You gotta understand, most people who are building a car worth tuning, are doing it with a v8. you spend 650 (I did) on tuning software, when for twice that you could almost double your power with a v8.
    I can tell your a newbie! That had to be this years dumbest fuc%ing statement yet.

HPTuners knocked a .5 off of my ET and i'm still learning.

You can have your 12mpg V8 and i'll keep my 11sec 25MPG V6!!!! ;D

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by Quick6

I can tell your a newbie! That had to be this years dumbest fuc%ing statement yet.

im with you on this one...i initially bought hptuners for my 98 Z and worked out well till i crashed it and bought my gtp...dont get me wrong im pretty much done with the tuning on my gtp because for me i could care less as far as the performance end of this v6 goes but there are some people out there running great #'s with v6's from GN's to turbo ta's, to impala's to gtps to alot of 3.4 and 3.8 fbodies...remember i believe its keith from hptuners that had a v6 in his 4th gen first running decent #'s so I dont think you wanna start a war with v6 guys because there are alot of v6's that would rape you at the track.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

Re: VCM Suite 1.6.0  is available now!

Yeah... its kinda stupid... im gonna have a 12.5 second car that i put 60k/year on at 25-26mpg with room to seat 4 and trunkspace for all the computer parts i have to lug around all day, not to mention I can drive it in 6 inches of snow at 70... Nothing wrong w/ a fast vette or t-bird, but the practicality as a primary car isnt great all over michigan...

Tim

DERP.. t-bird.. i was typing it as a guy in my office pulled up in his t-bird.. hehe

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by roadracer96
    Nothing wrong w/ a fast vette or t-bird
    Tim
    :huh2: t-bird??? this isnt a ford tuning forum damnit ;D

Tuner

t-bird,

I don't think the hp cable will support that protocol used

Ryan
    1998 Ws6 TA

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by 1998WS6
    t-bird,

I don't think the hp cable will support that protocol used

Ryan

I was typing that right as a guy in our office was pulling up in his t-bird... Mean t-a... hehe.. im a tard...

Tim

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

We asked a lot of tunershops what they deemed as a good split between per vehicle and unlimited. All agreed that the extra $299 was nothing to add to the customer s/c or turbo install (which is typically an $8k+ job) and then we wanted to have something that shops that fit a lot of forced induction didn't have to have the inconvenince of getting an upgrade everytime the wanted to tune a car. And so the number 10 was the answer! it's strange cos usually i'm told that 23 or 42 is usually the answer to most questions
    So .. us who are buying one license at a time get hosed on this deal.

I doubt I will ever get this feature unless someone just absolutely has to have it. If it were 150 per vehicle, OK, or 300 per licensed vehicle class, OK, but 300 for each individual vehicle ... nope. Sorry. I was looking forward to that one too.

Maybe this will change with a future pricing restructure, maybe then the little guy's opinion will count too. : >

Just to keep from sounding completely negative .. I think 3k is completely realistic and fair for the unlimited cable, but 300 for each individual vehicle is a little steep.

Tuner in Training

Yeah... its kinda stupid... im gonna have a 12.5 second car that i put 60k/year on at 25-26mpg with room to seat 4 and trunkspace for all the computer parts i have to lug around all day, not to mention I can drive it in 6 inches of snow at 70... Nothing wrong w/ a fast vette or t-bird, but the practicality as a primary car isnt great all over michigan...
    You think that's weird? Know what I bought HPtuners for? A plain vanilla stripped (exc. for 4WD) GMC truck that I bought to haul yard waste, junk, and general odds and ends with. The 4.8L was OK, but a little underpowered, so I added the usual catback, e-fans, etc. Helped some but I wanted more. So the next step was a Magnacharger Radix blower. Now HPTuner's scan tool tells me I have the only garbage truck in the county that can go 0 - 60 in 5.7 sec. ;D Oh well.
    2003 GMC 1500 rcsb 4WD. LQ4, radix @ 7 psi, FLT Level 5 trans., 3.73 axle, 265 - 75 X 17 tires. Needs more bling.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer

So .. us who are buying one license at a time get hosed on this deal.
    Generally buying one of anything will cost you more than buying many (in this case unlimited).

I count sheep in hex...

Calm down, damn. Statement kinda came out wrong, didn't mean to offend you. What I meant was, I would bet that 90% of their business is with V8 cars, so from a business perspective, you would put most of your efforts with the v8 cars. If you have to put something on hold for a bit, it should be what makes you the least amount of cash.

You could also say the same for me, why if you want to go fast would you do it with a truck?

BTW, your sig says 12.xx, where did 11's come from?
    -Ryan

2002 ECSB
    Radix 3.0"
    220/226 548/575 114LSA
    TOG Headers

Tim

DERP.. t-bird.. i was typing it as a guy in my office pulled up in his t-bird.. hehe

Come on man, none of us here drive hondas, none of that "im gonna have" crap.
    -Ryan

2002 ECSB
    Radix 3.0"
    220/226 548/575 114LSA
    TOG Headers

Quote Originally Posted by GMC_DUDE

You think that's weird? Know what I bought HPtuners for? A plain vanilla stripped (exc. for 4WD) GMC truck that I bought to haul yard waste, junk, and general odds and ends with. The 4.8L was OK, but a little underpowered, so I added the usual catback, e-fans, etc. Helped some but I wanted more. So the next step was a Magnacharger Radix blower. Now HPTuner's scan tool tells me I have the only garbage truck in the county that can go 0 - 60 in 5.7 sec. ;D Oh well.
    I bought my truck to work out of, next thing I know I'm dynoing at 541 ft/lb of torque @3300 rpm, and purchasing another truck to use as a beater work truck.... I guess I am the stupid one.
    -Ryan

2002 ECSB
    Radix 3.0"
    220/226 548/575 114LSA
    TOG Headers

Advanced Tuner

You gotta understand, most people who are building a car worth tuning, are doing it with a v8. you spend 650 (I did) on tuning software, when for twice that you could almost double your power with a v8.
    ??? :

ok there, can i suck your _ _ _ _ because you own a v8?? where do i sign the waiting list?

jack ass..

it has nothing to do with the motor.. it has every thing to do with the fact that I have invested $650 as well.. and this release was useless..

and its going to take alot of convincing for me to cough up another $400 for SD when/if it ever comes out and another year of support.. thats over a G in just tuning..

expecialy when there are other v6 tuners now.. its not a market to be ignored between the GTP, grand prix, montecarlo, camaro, and firebird ect ect ect..

and if you want to know the truth.. while there are less people modding them.. there are a f-load more 3.8's out there then ls1's.. think about it?

If i knew comming into this that i would cost $1000 to do what i wanted i probably would have said f-it and got a mail order tune and futzed with my FMU as i do allready..

its not cost/benifit effective for the person who does their own tuning..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Quote Originally Posted by Missing2
    ??? :

ok there, can i suck your _ _ _ _ because you own a v8?? where do i sign the waiting list?

jack ass..
    Funny how defensive you guys get sometimes. Rather than place a valid arguement you throw names around. It's okay though, your a tough guy.
    it has nothing to do with the motor.. it has every thing to do with the fact that I have invested $650 as well.. and this release was useless..
    Useless for you, maybe. Does Microsoft give you future software releases for free? No. They give you bug fixes, but not extra features for free. You always have the option to go with another vendor. It's not smart to purchase software with "hopes" for more support. If you didn't like the support, then why would you purchase it? Yeah, be disappointed, but the facts remain:

Most of their support is going to be with the majority of their customers.
    They cannot make everyone happy, so why not make the majority of people happy?

and its going to take alot of convincing for me to cough up another $400 for SD when/if it ever comes out and another year of support.. thats over a G in just tuning..
    Free enterprise man. This is what they have to offer right now. I cannot believe how stupid people can seem when the DEMAND things from a software vendor. They didn't promise you jack. You get mad when they dont GIVE you something for FREE??? Give me a break, I can't speak for them, but I wouldn't even want a customer like that. Feel lucky you got what you got.

expecialy when there are other v6 tuners now.. its not a market to be ignored between the GTP, grand prix, montecarlo, camaro, and firebird ect ect ect..
    You should know that in tuning, v8 fbodys, mustang gt's, and imports make up over 90% of the market. Yeah, v6 cars might have a place, but it's going to be a smaller portion of the market.

C'mon, if you are trying to build a fast car, most people start with a V8. How many drag cars out there are V6 cars? So most of their market is going to be v8 vehicles, you can't argue that fact.

and if you want to know the truth.. while there are less people modding them.. there are a f-load more 3.8's out there then ls1's.. think about it?
    You just agreed with my whole arguement. Who cares how many 3.8's are out there if people are not modding them?? This software caters to those who modify their cars, people don't buy this software to clear a check engine light.

If i knew comming into this that i would cost $1000 to do what i wanted i probably would have said f-it and got a mail order tune and futzed with my FMU as i do allready..

its not cost/benifit effective for the person who does their own tuning..

Even if you paid someone to do an SD tune on your car, you would probably spend about the same amount. Not sure what the rate is around you, but here a typical dyno tune (about a day on the dyno) will run you about 500 bucks from a good tuner. You tack on 400 bucks for the SD tuning (if they pay 300 for the SD add from HPT, then they will mark it up for you) so you are at 900, and if you change something on the car drastically, you are going to spend it again.

Just my .02, but I'm sure you'll just return with a "you're stupic" comment. I may not know everything about tuning, but I consider myself a somewhat intelligent businessman, and I can understand why a company would want to make money. Believe it or not, these guys don't spend countless hours behind a keyboard for "fun"
    -Ryan

2002 ECSB
    Radix 3.0"
    220/226 548/575 114LSA
    TOG Headers

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

retsell you might wann quit while your ahead man...one of hptuners big selling points has always been support/additions/updates...this past update had little to offer the v6 crowd and i think thats all he was getting to...you jump in and touch a nerve 100% of v6 guys dont like to touch which is the v8 is better then v6 cord. There is a large market for smaller engine tuning...everything from ecotecs to vortech v6's to what missing2 had mentioned in the gtps, montecarlos and such...not to mention colorado's. V8's may be faster mod for mod but v6 guys run into the same problems as v8 guys and if more options are available we too need them to deal with cams, superchargers, turbocharger, tranny swaps and what have you. The bottom line is we BOTH deserve the best of what they have to offer and when we get little including the fact that we still cant compare our commanded a/f vs. our actual a/f using a wideband even though we should have this ability people arent going to be the happiest. And there is a growing tuning market for v6's as there is a v6 dedicated tuning program out now and actually cheaper then hptuners. We all want the best of the best and you saying that well v8's are better and nobody mods v6's so tuning updates for them should be in the back burner doesnt make you look good in my eyes. There are gtp's in the 10's and thousands of v6 cars that are faster then pretty much anything you could ever put together.

The bottom line is we BOTH deserve the best of what they have to offer and when we get little including the fact that we still cant compare our commanded a/f vs. our actual a/f using a wideband even though we should have this ability people arent going to be the happiest.
    I'm doing that on my HPTuners. I see the PCM commanding 11;1/1 and my wideband shows it getting real close. I have the L67 V6 s/c motor also.
    Rob

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

I'm doing that on my HPTuners. I see the PCM commanding 11;1/1 and my wideband shows it getting real close. I have the L67 V6 s/c motor also.
    Rob
    huh...whats the wording they use for your commanded afr that you log with the scanner...i think mine is listed as air fuel ratio and even when i log with my wideband it doesnt compare the two...if you can log "commanded afr" that seems to be the thing to use...im not the only one thats run into this though ???

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    retsell you might wann quit while your ahead man...one of hptuners big selling points has always been support/additions/updates...this past update had little to offer the v6 crowd and i think thats all he was getting to...you jump in and touch a nerve 100% of v6 guys dont like to touch which is the v8 is better then v6 cord. There is a large market for smaller engine tuning...everything from ecotecs to vortech v6's to what missing2 had mentioned in the gtps, montecarlos and such...not to mention colorado's. V8's may be faster mod for mod but v6 guys run into the same problems as v8 guys and if more options are available we too need them to deal with cams, superchargers, turbocharger, tranny swaps and what have you. The bottom line is we BOTH deserve the best of what they have to offer and when we get little including the fact that we still cant compare our commanded a/f vs. our actual a/f using a wideband even though we should have this ability people arent going to be the happiest. And there is a growing tuning market for v6's as there is a v6 dedicated tuning program out now and actually cheaper then hptuners. We all want the best of the best and you saying that well v8's are better and nobody mods v6's so tuning updates for them should be in the back burner doesnt make you look good in my eyes. There are gtp's in the 10's and thousands of v6 cars that are faster then pretty much anything you could ever put together.
    You can read the above posts and see that I apoligized for my wording. It was kinda a cheap shot. I am just pointing things out from a business perspecive. I know there are a lot of cars out there with v6's. I owned a 2k eclipse with a 3.0 v6 that I turbocharged using a turbo engineering "big boy" for a Cyclone. I blew the motor because of poor tuning. Trust me I know. I also know that people work to make money. Don't get mad at them because they put more of their effort where the majority of their market is. They never promissed v6 guys a bunch of new goodies in this version (at least I never saw it, and i've lurked around here a LONG time before I purchased).

Also, I wouldn't go as far as saying there are "thousands of v6 cars faster than what I could ever put together." It's really simple to make a car fast. The hard part is making it fast and reliable.
    -Ryan

2002 ECSB
    Radix 3.0"
    220/226 548/575 114LSA
    TOG Headers

Tuner

Probably the wrong forum, but every time I try to download version 1.6, I get a message "connection to server reset." ???? Download never completes.
    1998 Z28 Red/Gray HT, A4, 3.23
    |Pacesetter, Hooker ORYP, Aerochamber|TSP Cam, PRC dual valve spring kit, LS2 timing chain|LS6 oil pump,|SLP Air Lid, P&P TB, FRA, TBB|Fuddle 3400 2.1, B&M cooler|GM iridium plugs, Taylor 8 mm|AMW catch can|J&M PHB & LCA's|HPTuners 2.1|HP House & Dyno Shop

Advanced Tuner

You can read the above posts and see that I apoligized for my wording. It was kinda a cheap shot. I am just pointing things out from a business perspecive. I know there are a lot of cars out there with v6's. I owned a 2k eclipse with a 3.0 v6 that I turbocharged using a turbo engineering "big boy" for a Cyclone. I blew the motor because of poor tuning. Trust me I know. I also know that people work to make money. Don't get mad at them because they put more of their effort where the majority of their market is. They never promissed v6 guys a bunch of new goodies in this version (at least I never saw it, and i've lurked around here a LONG time before I purchased).

Also, I wouldn't go as far as saying there are "thousands of v6 cars faster than what I could ever put together." It's really simple to make a car fast. The hard part is making it fast and reliable.
    i dont know if you know tthis bu i was a part of the board when keith was just a member with poeple calling BS on his V6 time's

so kieth set out to find tuning for our V6 cars...... and he made it himself, yah i'm sure there's more to the story and you are right the V8 market is better, maybe its becuase some poeple are not willing to let go of the fact the a V6 can be fast too. look what intense has done with there GTP..... 10.1 last i knew....

also i was about to but the DHP tuner for the V6 and the only reson i didn't was beacuase of what i seen posted about the 1.6 release.... i was dead set on it that HPT put the V6 guys on the back burner.... but i got this softwere any way. and to my dissapointment

1. i can not expand my my spark/fuel tables past 6400RPM
    2. the SD upgrade is going to cost me $300 more (hell i only make 500 every two weeks unless i'm in F'in Iraq)

i don't know the V8 peeps get 200 new thing and we get 2 things that are accualy usefull.........

I think personally they could have done 50/150 or even 100/100 you know?
    http://www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 Stalled V6 Camaro
    Goal: 10.99 in the 1/4
    Goal: 100 MPH (completed)

Best Dyno: 456 RWHP and 509 RWTQ
    Best: 1/4 mile 11.23 20 PSI
    Best1/8: 7.18 @ 99 1.83, 60 foot 20 PSI