Thread: Individual Cylinder Trim's

Individual Cylinder Trim's

I use other brand software for older OBD1 LT1 applications and even those old outdated computers have a form of individual cylinder trim. I know the LSx PCM is very powerful and I'm fairly confident that there is some sort of cylinder based trim in the programming...

Can anyone clarify?
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    I use other brand software for older OBD1 LT1 applications and even those old outdated computers have a form of individual cylinder trim. I know the LSx PCM is very powerful and I'm fairly confident that there is some sort of cylinder based trim in the programming...

Can anyone clarify?
    thats a negative..... if it existed, we would have it, as well as several other pcm software editors...nobody has it....
    -Scott -

I did a little more research and found that they did away with it after the LT1 PCM's...

Sucks cause it would make fine tuning a breeze aspecially for single plane's and nitrous setups. Oh well one can only wish huh.
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    You could have someone like John from Fuel injection connection set you up with some injectors that flow slightly more on the cylinders that receive the most airflow. If you're plugs looks noticeably different it may be worth it. Two of my injectors flow slightly more on #7 and #8.

Bringing back an OLD post... There IS individual cylinder trims available on all Gen3 PCM's. Testing the binary has proven to work as intended! Gen3 PCM is a bad bitch!
    ShorTuning

Advanced Tuner
    Say what now?

Ability to adjust a fuel multiplier for each cylinder. Comes in really handy to help keep cylinders inline when pushing big power combos. Individual timing I'm still looking for, if it exists.

Individual Cylinder Fueling.png
    ShorTuning

hoelee$hit!

I'm curious how much power and what intake manifold design you found this to be necessary for... and any other details you don't mind sharing... have you tested it (sure you have!)

Advanced Tuner
    how do you go about doing somthing like this on say a P01?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    he understands the internal code and is accessing what is there and modifying the tune program to allow it to be viewed. This is deep into computer language and code. Not something you will be able to do as a standard HPTuners user.
    Standard HPTuners members would have to wait to see this feature be added which will only happen if the tech team where to agree to finding it, enabling, and modifying the vcm suite to make it user friendly.

i should note that this is a factory table option fro the pontiac gtp ecu which is a P05b model. The feature is called "Cylinder Gain" --> "Gain vs. Cyl"
    if you beg nicely they may include it.
    cyl gain.JPG
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 11-07-2018 at 12:09 AM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you!

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome thanks guys..

Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    The P01 I've not located yet. Still a work in progress on them. May not actually exist on the P01 but I'm going to keep digging. If this is true then this is one more reason the P59 is a good PCM to swap to.
    ShorTuning

Advanced Tuner
    Did you ever find the parameter in a p01 os?

Senior Tuner
    even tho my e38 has the cyl gains it dosnt actually work well at all causes issues, only the later e38 maby or the e67 i think it works properly in

Advanced Tuner
    I have not used this on an e38 but i am about to try this on a p59 in a 04 silverado as soon as my rpm trans gets here.