Thread: Commanded EQ not what's listed in PE EQ table

Commanded EQ not what's listed in PE EQ table

I've posted this before and we still have this problem if it runs over 13 psi. I've changed nearly everything in relation to fueling and nothing has fixed it. You can see in the attached logs that it doesn't happen at 13 psi but in the 14 psi log at frame 134 the EQ ratio changes from .769(11.29 AFR) to .833(12.24 AFR). In the tune you can see that the commanded PE EQ ratio is 1.3 from 3,000 to 8,000 RPM. Any ideas??
    '89 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Coupe - '99 L67 minus the M90 plus a 60-1

Advanced Tuner
    sorry, but i dont have beta, so i can't view it.
    but have u disabled
    COT Protection?

He has it disabled. It should make it go richer rather than leaner if it was COT I would think.

I was wondering why the Fuel Trim Cell changes right when the commanded changes. Something is making it not follow the PE table at that point. And your MAF table looks like it could use some smoothing. I would start with a good MAF table and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJoeJoe View Post
    He has it disabled. It should make it go richer rather than leaner if it was COT I would think.

I was wondering why the Fuel Trim Cell changes right when the commanded changes. Something is making it not follow the PE table at that point. And your MAF table looks like it could use some smoothing. I would start with a good MAF table and see what happens.
    Yeah, the MAF table could use some smoothing but how would that affect the commanded EQ ratio?? That should only affect the actual AFR on the WB. I didn't want to do anymore work on the MAF because it's on the rich side of the Commanded ratio now. That way when the commanded leans out it still stays on the rich side.
    Last edited by skalor; 11-14-2010 at 08:58 PM.

HP Tuners is working on this, but in the meantime I PM'd Greg Banish. He didn't get back to me so I guess he must be stumped. lol
    Last edited by skalor; 11-24-2010 at 01:52 PM.

I know I said this before but, Fuel Pumps?! You running a BAP with them? They may be getting hot and not supplying the fuel required. Are you accommodating Transient Fueling too? That may have a lot to do with it. Once you start building all that boost your fuel may be evaporating before it gets into the Combustion Chamber to be burned. Go back to your PE and dump like a value of 10 in it at the cell and see if it richens up, Or just stays there.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    I know I said this before but, Fuel Pumps?! You running a BAP with them? They may be getting hot and not supplying the fuel required. Are you accommodating Transient Fueling too? That may have a lot to do with it. Once you start building all that boost your fuel may be evaporating before it gets into the Combustion Chamber to be burned. Go back to your PE and dump like a value of 10 in it at the cell and see if it richens up, Or just stays there.
    I don't think it's anything related to the fuel system because the IPWs are at 13 msec in the 14 psi log and the AFR is in the high 10s/low 11s. I've actually disabled transient fueling all together and it had no effect at all. The commanded EQ ratio was still different than what's listed in the PE EQ table. That is a good idea about trying to make it richer to see if I can get it below the 12.24 AFR it seems to want to command. That way I'll know if it's just a multiplier if I can get it richer. I would just make it richer but it never happens in first gear so at that rpm in first it would command a AFR in the low 10s.
    Last edited by skalor; 11-25-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Koolllll....... what happened?
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

It's not my truck so I haven't messed with it lately. I'll probably wait to see what HP Tuners says about it.

Oh.... Well let us know what goes down.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

So, it been a while but I still have this problem. It's not a multiplier because it goes to a commanded AFR of 12.24 no matter what I set the PE EQ table to.

I would turn the LTFT's off to keep trims from cluttering fuel settings at WOT/OL/PE. Now as far as the change in commanded I've not found anything yet.
    Last edited by LSxpwrdZ; 05-24-2011 at 12:03 AM.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400