Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Enhanced I/O Interface recall / repair

Re: Enhanced I/O Interface recall / repair

And also, just because you received the e-mail does not also mean that you are indeed affected.

The e-mail was sent out to those who could be affected.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Should we be expecting a 2nd email then?

I can understand shipping on a hardware upgrade, but paying shipping for a defective part! Great!
    02 Formula M6

Tuner in Training

A person doesn't need to be compensated for every hiccup in life.

That outlook ends up raising the cost of everything as business has to now insure against the possibility.

I paid to ship mine.

kw

All units that were received today and over the weekend have already been shipped out today.

We appologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience with this matter.

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    All units that were received today and over the weekend have already been shipped out today.

We appologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience with this matter.
    I will be having a chat with you tonight keith..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Tuner in Training

I am one of those effected by this. Frankly I dont care near as much about the shipping as I do the turnaround time. I will be shipping mine back by insured priority mail. Im wondering how it will be shipped back? I think it's stand up for HPT to admit to the problem, Track down the effected users, contact them, make a support system to resolve the issue. This is stand up customer service. If you dont think so look at how FAST has handled there TB situation. I could go on but you get the idea. I think those of you that have there hand out looking for something should put it back in there pocket and be thankful for the service that they are getting. just my opinion :P

Tuner in Training

I agree 110% Ray, the inconvience and the money aspect is very very minor. The fact that they are standing up behind their product is priceless. I was so happy to recieve that email letting people know what was going on and what to do so that we could rectify the problem. And like some vendors they could just leave you out in the wind, but that is far from the truth here. I'm still a very happy customer.

Dougie
    2005 C6-402ci
    515whp/465wtq

Funny how everyone has complained about the cost of HPT, but now complaines about a defect that you were told about. Remember guys companies will not loose money, period. If they had to soak up a ton of money in a recall (not saying this is the instance, but if it were a more major problem) then they will recover the costs later. Call it bad business if you would like, but it's the real world.

When GM has a recall on your vehicle do they pay for the gas for you to come in to get it fixed? Do they give you "compensation" for your time wasted at the dealership? Nope. Just my .02. I'm annoyed by having to ship it out, yeah, but I also get annoyed when someone farts in my truck. Get over it.
    -Ryan

2002 ECSB
    Radix 3.0"
    220/226 548/575 114LSA
    TOG Headers

Tuner

not to stir this up anymore, but i am curious as to whether any one has recieved their replacement yet. I had shipped mine out prior to the email for testing and it said it was recieved on the 14th. Kieth had mentioned that all units recieved on the before the 15th would be on their way out.

Does anyone know what method of shipping they are using? or what address is gets shipped back to? (one on file or where it came from). The reason for asking is because usps mail goes to another suite here @ my office and i may have to keep checking with them. If it was ups, then the shipments come directly to my office.
    2000 Trans Am WS6 - Bright Red : 12.36 @ 110 - 1.832 60

228/232 .571/.588 113 LSA | JetHot LTs | Yank ST3500/2.5 | SLP lid

They will be shipped out via UPS Ground service.

Approx Current Turnaround is same day to 1 day.

Tuner

I shipped mine out on March 14, via priority mail, and recieved it back yesterday.

Good Job!
    2007 VR z06...stock right now

Sent mine in on the 12th but haven't gotten it back yet.
    2002 Quick Silver Z06 - Breathless Performance Shifter, DynaTech Headers SwainTech Coated, A&A Vortech Kit

Me too......

I'm still waiting for mine to come back home....
    2009 HHR SS automatic--- 350 HP - 450' LBS TORQUE,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZgoSN8Gk0
    Mostly stock - K&N air intake, TTech engine mount, 2nd cat 'cored', E47.5 tune, Lighter - wheels/tires/rotors.
    13.0's @ 110MPH, street tires, 12.28 @ 112.67 best on slicks, 1.7s 60' ETs

Those of you who got them back already, were tracking numbers sent when it was on its way back?
    2000 Grand Prix GTP 11.586 @ 118.20
    Best MPH: 121.72

New Ride: 04 GTO no times or anything yet

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    They will be shipped out via UPS Ground service.

Approx Current Turnaround is same day to 1 day.

Ground? What are the other options on this recall? Are there any discounts to 2.0 upgrades for recalled units? At the very least you guys could ship 3 day priority mail... Count this as #2 mistake on my part for going with HPTuners, the first was the change in 2 vehicle types for the same price and HPTuners not even extending the software support for the early adopters.
    \'99 Corvette FRC w/ exhaust, LS6 intake, underdrive pulley, and 224/224 .581/.581 112LSA

Tuner

I got this email as well. I am very close to mundelein where these ship from. Can i just bring mine in and swap it out? I find it ridiculous to ship out of state just to ship right back to mundelein. Furthermore I find it equally ridiculous that people spend $500+ on this and its recalled shortly after and we are out the postage. You dont see any manufacturer charging anything when their product is found to be defective. People paid for a defect free product which they apparently didnt receive, they shouldnt have to pay another 5-15 dollars to receive the product they were sold as defect free from the get go. Its not the money, its the principle. These should be sent back COD or freight collect.
    My .02
    Dave

Advanced Tuner

How about just posting a pic/schematic location of the questionable capacitor so those of that are able can just solder in a new part and not worry about turn around time and shipping and all that.

I dont know if my cable is affected or not yet, but if it were affected I would expect to not pay for anything including shipping. Hptuners is going half way and paying one way though so at least thats something. General motors dont pay for your gas to get to the dealership but if ya squawk loud enough they pay for your gas home
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

If you open your unit, your warranty is void. We do check the units when we receive them.

Do not open your units!

Quote Originally Posted by TT_Vert
    I got this email as well. I am very close to mundelein where these ship from. Can i just bring mine in and swap it out? I find it ridiculous to ship out of state just to ship right back to mundelein. Furthermore I find it equally ridiculous that people spend $500+ on this and its recalled shortly after and we are out the postage. You dont see any manufacturer charging anything when their product is found to be defective. People paid for a defect free product which they apparently didnt receive, they shouldnt have to pay another 5-15 dollars to receive the product they were sold as defect free from the get go. Its not the money, its the principle. These should be sent back COD or freight collect.
    My .02
    Dave
    I work in the electronics business. Consumer electronics manufacturers (Sony, Kenwood, Clarion, JL Audio, HP, Rockford Fosgate) will NOT pay for freight on defects period. They never have, and never will. Come on people shit happens. When your new car has a small problem do you go into the dealership and throw a fit? If you expect anything to be 100% defect free (especially a brand new product such as the EIO interface) then you are definately in for a rude awakening in life.
    -Ryan

2002 ECSB
    Radix 3.0"
    220/226 548/575 114LSA
    TOG Headers

Quote Originally Posted by rattle
    How about just posting a pic/schematic location of the questionable capacitor so those of that are able can just solder in a new part and not worry about turn around time and shipping and all that.

I dont know if my cable is affected or not yet, but if it were affected I would expect to not pay for anything including shipping. Hptuners is going half way and paying one way though so at least thats something. General motors dont pay for your gas to get to the dealership but if ya squawk loud enough they pay for your gas home
    They are shipping it back to you are they not?
    -Ryan

2002 ECSB
    Radix 3.0"
    220/226 548/575 114LSA
    TOG Headers