Thread: Anyone play with their tranny tune?

Tuner in Training

Anyone play with their tranny tune?

I have a 2007.5 LMM Allison, I want the shifts to be a little quicker and more firm. Anyone have a good starting point on what I should do?

There isn't much you can do through tuning for this....

DON'T mess with the shift timing tables. You can probably get a way with some very minor adjustment without grenading the trans, but you probably won't notice it anyway.

The Allison is not like a normal trans. It works off of clutch to clutch handoff. This process takes time (mechanically, and hydraulically), you can't speed it up or you will get a tie up (2 gears at once). Built transmissions can shift quicker, but they still work off the same principle and will only shift so fast (unlike a "normal" trans with over running clutches etc.)

You also can't raise line pressure via tuning

Put a trans go jr. shift kit in your allison. This can be done by dropping the pan and pulling the valve body. It's not real hard to do... it will give the trans a bit of extra holding capacity. Thats the best (easy) thing you can do.

You can play with your shift points and TC lockup points... Beyond on that you don't want to mess with too much.
    06 LBZ DMax / 6spd Allison 4x4 ACSB - Self built/tuned sideways s366 setup | DPC converter / Co-Pilot | Holley HP150 / BD Filter setup | hood stack | Homebuilt IC pipes | Homebuilt Trac Bars | Black951's | Coolingmist stg1 | ISSpro | PPE | self lowered 3/5 | Roll Pan 12.6@105 5800ft (stock trans)
    02 WRX w/ STi 6spd - Self built/tuned Holset setup w/ a buttload of other goodies 11.75@119mph 4800ft (stock block) Built Motor finished!
    TJI Tuning

Tuner
    See my post
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A