Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 6L80E 3-4 slow.

Never tried to replicate it after I fixed it. I didn't even see that this thread was still alive until now. Talk to the Cadillac STS-V guys, they are having even more trouble than us. :O
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by thaoly View Post
    have you tried to replicate the issue with the stock trans tune ?
    If you load the stock trans tune, take a log where it shows the 3-4 shift and post it here.
    Have you tried shutting the hell up and stop trolling the forum???

Case(s) in point:

Quote Originally Posted by sophia View Post
    have you tried to replicate the issue with the stock trans tune ?
    If you load the stock trans tune, take a log where it shows the 3-4 shift and post it here. include vehicle speed,rpm, current gear, etc.

thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by helmet View Post
    If you load the stock trans tune, take a log where it shows the 3-4 shift and post it here!
    Quote Originally Posted by akira12 View Post
    OP, have you tried to replicate the issue with the stock trans tune ?
    If you load the stock trans tune, take a log where it shows the 3-4 shift and post it here. include vehicle speed,rpm, current gear, etc.
    All from people who just joined and with advertising links in their signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Car will never shift that fast, but i will try. The tranny will handle whatever psi you throw at it. I've seen as much as 300 main line and 250 to the clutches. Only time the tranny broke was after valve body mods, not recommended unless your a professional builder.
    Be careful with this as it depends on what year TCM you are tuning. Pre-2010 they used negative timing in the adder tables to make up for lazy shifts. if you go to .001 then have a -.12 adder you may run into problems. Another big help is to adjust the initial and final shift time tables for pre-2010. Mutily by .7 for a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by thesubfloor View Post
    Have you tried shutting the hell up and stop trolling the forum???

Case(s) in point:

All from people who just joined and with advertising links in their signature.
    Thank ya sir.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by loucia View Post

thank you
    Hey asshole, what part of STFU and go away were you unclear on???

Quote Originally Posted by thesubfloor View Post
    Hey asshole, what part of STFU and go away were you unclear on???
    Hahaha. <3 Chris.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    LMAO Nice Job posting the same thing with multiple accounts...
    11.49 @ 118 1.49 60' Bolt on 2010 IOM Camaro

www.6l80etuning.com 6L80/90 Tuning

It's kind of funny that the last one had a link for ADHD treatment. Haha.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Dang Robots, they're everywhere. They destroyed one of the e85 forums i used to visit, the site was hacked badly.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Dang Robots, they're everywhere. They destroyed one of the e85 forums i used to visit, the site was hacked badly.
    Need this http://www.hulu.com/watch/2340/satur...live-old-glory
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

frost thats some stuff right there.

Advanced Tuner
    I noticed that.Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post

This is fucking ridiculous. ^^^

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner
    Everyone with soggy 3-4 shifts I assume has removed the TCC lockup at WOT in 4th gear? Made a big difference at the track with my G8, I knew something was odd until I realized what it was.

Looks like I may have to be spending some time in this thread. Since I know absolutely nothing about these A6's.

I did my own 04 GTO with some help from guys on the board and it runs like a champ.

Jr tells me his 09 G8 is sloppy on the shifts at WOT. Never can get the thing to shift right.

He has had a 2,800 Circle D in there for a year or so and the car is putting down 425hp thru a mustang dyno. I will have to pull up his tune at the house and I think we even have scans of it at the track pre cam & heads.

Maybe I can get this thing running well before he gets home from school in the late fall.
    2004 GTO A4

Add in a 2008 G8 GT and a 2009 G8 GT

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Good use of the adder modifier tables. I give free tech support if you run a Circle D tranny or converter. PM me if you have any questions.
    Are you still offering free tech support if running a Circle D tranny/TC?
    2005 Dodge Ram 2500 RCSB Thunder Road Hemi Sport w/STS Turbo
    2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 - Silver
    2003 Chevy 1500 RCSB Stepside 400SS - 408 in now awaiting turbo

Quote Originally Posted by rushhour View Post
    Looks like I may have to be spending some time in this thread. Since I know absolutely nothing about these A6's.

I did my own 04 GTO with some help from guys on the board and it runs like a champ.

Jr tells me his 09 G8 is sloppy on the shifts at WOT. Never can get the thing to shift right.

He has had a 2,800 Circle D in there for a year or so and the car is putting down 425hp thru a mustang dyno. I will have to pull up his tune at the house and I think we even have scans of it at the track pre cam & heads.

Maybe I can get this thing running well before he gets home from school in the late fall.
    Now that Jr is in Huntington he is 15 minutes from the best G8 tuner around. I guarantee Bluecat can make it shift right.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT, IHRA Modified, NHRA Pro ET