Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the major holdup for 2.0?

Advanced Tuner

Whats the major holdup for 2.0?

Is the hold up on the release of 2.0, Software, Hardware, Internal HP Tuner Company Issues?

I need to buy another cable soon and would like to have the USB version that 2.0 has to offer.

We had that tease promise date of Feb 2005 for Ver 2.0 release, but now I'm guessing it must be a major issue/problem to be a few months off that projected date.

Bill
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

Potential Tuner

Re: Whats the major holdup for 2.0?

It's extremely difficult to predict when software will be completed. Usually the project lead has to decide if the product is good enough, hopefully based on a predetermined goal for a metric. Even the best programming shops, like Microsoft for example, have a difficult time making product release date estimates. I'm very happy that HPTuners is responsive at fixing problems, implementing desired features and keeping their customers in the loop.

One of the most frequently asked questions we have is.. when.. when.. when.. can I get a date???

Our lead times into the future are only guestimates.. we really can't say "when" unless we are ready to commit to a release date and we have not done that just yet with 2.0.

When we do commit to a release date it will be made public information.

I can tell you progress on VCM Suite 2.0 and our new interface unit has been great and we should have something ready in the very near future.

I wish I could be more precise with an answer as to how long or when.. but its not something I can really do at this point. Like I said though, as soon as we are comfortable with a release date, we will post.

Thanks!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye
    Even the best programming shops, like Microsoft for example
    Now, that's an oxymoron if I've ever read one!! ;D
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

While we wait, is there anyway we can get a beta version or something?? I really need a compare feature. Other software can do multiple changes to different files at once now and we still can't even compare two files, let alone change things to more then one at once. I got used to it with EDIT and it drives me nuts that it wasn't implimented in tuners.

Advanced Tuner

Keith,

It kinda sounds like your beating around the bush a little, what is the real reason, software, hardware or internal company HP Tuner issues?

If it is software or hardware, what is the key hold up, just VERY curious!!!

Bill
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

Tuner

probably the damn 98 pcm's.
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam

Senior Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Billiumss
    Keith,

It kinda sounds like your beating around the bush a little, what is the real reason, software, hardware or internal company HP Tuner issues?

If it is software or hardware, what is the key hold up, just VERY curious!!!

Bill

Who said 2.0 was being held up?

As this is a new hardware and software, there are a lot of things that have to be done to meet final production standards.

As far as we are concerned we are on track with the scope of the project.

Ken

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners

Who said 2.0 was being held up?

As this is a new hardware and software, there are a lot of things that have to be done to meet final production standards.

As far as we are concerned we are on track with the scope of the project.

Ken

NICE!!!! I am in line and WAITING for the release with money in hand!! ;D

Its the only thing holding back my cam install and EGR removal.

Chris

Tuner in Training

we should have something ready in the very near future.
    You said that weeeeks ago. Please stop...

Potential Tuner

I've been holding off purchasing tuning software until you release 2.0 but I thought I'd be safe not needing it till March. :huh2:

There are other choices are available for those who don't want to wait. I'd like to be a HPT owner but I'm not going to be able to hold out much longer.

Just a few Questions

1. Is there a projected timeline for release? i.e. Days, Weeks, Months, Qtrs, Years ect..

2. Will the 3bar be released at the same time as 2.0 or with this be Days, Weeks or Months Later?

3. When it is released will you be able to meet the demand for the upgrade without additional delays? I'd hate to order it and have to wait a month for cables ect..

4. I for one planned around a release date close to one of the earlier dates HPT suggested. Is it to much to ask to get a better answer than "in the very near future" as version 1.6 doesn't do it for me and other than a few screen shots I'm not sure if 2.0 offers more than EFI Flashscan.

2.0 combines a lot of business process stuff into our software structure to make it easier for people to buy, upgrade and sell our software whilst increasing the number of "options" available to end users in features, licensing and pricing.

We have learned a lot about the "try to please everybody" game over the last year and 2.0 tackles some fairly large non-technical aspects of the user feedback and support trends from the last year. Stuff that involves the software and hardware but also the website and ordering system. As such, 2.0 is very important to us as a company and some things we have planned for the future depend on not only 2.0 but also the systems we are putting in place to compliment it.

As you can probably understand, something like this involves a number of "critical path" elements both internal development and external vendor (some unexpected, some semi-expected eg. LS2, and some new ideas that come along midway thru the process). We would like nothing more for them to all converge to a committed release date we can post!! We are not some evil demons hell bent on torturing our customers by purposely delaying software

We are working as hard as we can (we have been since late last year) and i do ask your understanding and patience as we believe 2.0 and the other things are worth the wait.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Why doesn't everyone take a chill pill! Software of this magnitude can't be easy to develop. Add the feature requests, bug fixes, engineering, and support structure and it all becomes a very complicated blur. Version 1.6 is an excellent release that is more than capable of tuning an LS1 or LS6. As with all tuning software, it's only limited by users knowledge...... There is no reason to wait for version 2.0, why not get your feet wet and learn the basics while v2.0 is on the path to release?

This isn't meant to be a flame towards anyone. It gets old seeing posts hammering the HP Tuners staff for 'missing a release date' that wasn't really a release date. I'm sure they are all working diligently to get the next release out, cut them some slack please.
    Aaron

'03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by JimMueller

Now, that's an oxymoron if I've ever read one!! ;D
    It sounds strange, but it's really because of all the Microsoft haters out there. To understand, you really have to be a programmer or even just an engineer.

Back on topic. Timelines don't mean much to me, as long as the customer's needs are met. HPTuners is very responsive to our requests in every way, and that makes me a very happy customer.

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 405HP_Z06
    Why doesn't everyone take a chill pill! Software of this magnitude can't be easy to develop. Add the feature requests, bug fixes, engineering, and support structure and it all becomes a very complicated blur. Version 1.6 is an excellent release that is more than capable of tuning an LS1 or LS6. As with all tuning software, it's only limited by users knowledge...... There is no reason to wait for version 2.0, why not get your feet wet and learn the basics while v2.0 is on the path to release?

This isn't meant to be a flame towards anyone. It gets old seeing posts hammering the HP Tuners staff for 'missing a release date' that wasn't really a release date. I'm sure they are all working diligently to get the next release out, cut them some slack please.

If your refering to my post perhaps you need a chill pill. I don't think its unfair to ask for clarification on a release date. I will agree it gets old listening to people bitch as their free upgrade period expires though... But "Hammering the HP Tuners staff" lol.. I don't think a brown nose will get you prefered status j/k but if does I'm sure there will be a long line behind the HPT staff ;D

They put out the teaser screen shots... to encourage everyone to be patient while they wait. :

The best part of business is having customers. The worst part is having to deal with them...

Potential Tuner

Having teasers is good business. I especially like how HPTuners actually delivers. Remember the Ford Mach III? Damn, when I saw that car, I thought it looked better than a Viper, and then Ford came out with the sissified 220 hp girlie production Mustang. HPTuners can tease me all year long if they want if they actually come out with the real deal. For the six month thing, just remember that it's essentially free....like you can't choose to go without it. For the annual upgrade, you can do that any time, so just consider it $99 for 2.x upgrades, another $99 for 3.x upgrades, etc.

well said.

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye
    Having teasers is good business. I especially like how HPTuners actually delivers. Remember the Ford Mach III? Damn, when I saw that car, I thought it looked better than a Viper, and then Ford came out with the sissified 220 hp girlie production Mustang. HPTuners can tease me all year long if they want if they actually come out with the real deal. For the six month thing, just remember that it's essentially free....like you can't choose to go without it. For the annual upgrade, you can do that any time, so just consider it $99 for 2.x upgrades, another $99 for 3.x upgrades, etc.
    That should be stated when you purchase HPtuner, if you purchase 1.xx you have free upgrades with that version only, because in essence that is what you get. if you want 2.xx you will have to pay. The way it is now people were purchasing 1.xx in Dec. and Jan. and thinking they would definetly get 2.xx, its not a definite, and that is were the problem is.
    1999 Pewter Hardtop-TR224/224/114 w/Ported LS1 heads w/918's-LS6 Manifold w/stinger air intake, TPIS headers w/ Z06 cats-PRT's-Z06 sways and springs, HPTuner, Prior to headers 370 RWHP & 361 RWTQ

It's on the orders page.

Extended Software Upgrades applies to new major software upgrades. We will continue to add new features into our software to make it easier for you to use. You do not need to be on the update plan to recieve bug fixes, minor software updates and customer support. We will distribute bug fixes and minor updates to you for free for as long as we support that software revision.

Tuner in Training

You mean this.

Your package comes with 6 months of free major software updates. Minor software updates and bug fixes are free for life. 1 year upgrade extension costs $99. You can renew at any time without penalty. Stay current with the latest software version
    2001 TransAm WS6 Mods? What mods?