Thread: 92-95 4.3 vin w

92-95 4.3 vin w

I have a 4.3 vin w engine with a 4l60e in my chevy tracker was wondering if thier is a ecm,wiring harness swap so i can tune it with hp tuner? Ive seen where some people are swapping 5.7 ecm for van ecms.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Might want to ask around on some of the s10 forums as well, I have no idea if there is a stock obd2 wiring harness/ecm that can swapped in.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    If your W code motor is out of a 95 with the horizontal distributor cap it would be easier but still require some work.

Basically you would need to replace or modify the wiring harness extensively.
    Add crank sensor to timing cover and reluctor to crankshaft.
    Add a maf or do a speed density tune(map)
    Add b1s1 and b2s1 oxygen sensors

The fuel injector setups vary quite a bit even though they are similar yet both are ridiculous if you ask me. Not so sure how you could make the W code fuel injection stuff work with a newer pcm. Retrofitting a custom intake manifold setup for MPFI would work. Also not sure how similar the transmissions are.

It would probably be much easier to swap in a 96 or newer 4.3 with the true vortec heads and the right fuel injection system. They used the 0411 pcm in 2002 s-trucks and its pretty well supported thru Hp tuners. I know this isnt budget friendly but it would seem the easiest.

I own a 93 blazer with the w code and have a 02 sonoma with the 4.3 and the 0411 pcm. I'm new to hptuners but very familiar with 4.3's and s10's if you have any questions I might be able to help.

The wiring harness changing is no problem if i can find out if anyone else has done this,and what they used. Wiring and heater cores or my favorite part of being a mechanic. If u have facebook check out Seely's Automotive and i have pics posted. Going to put a toyota e-locker rearend in it next.