Thread: HELP PLEASE, gas gauge not working

Tuner in Training

HELP PLEASE, gas gauge not working

I am trying to learn and I have bought a file and loaded it onto my pcm but my gas gauge doesn't work on that file. I currently loaded my old tune file back onto the car and the gauge does work. I know there isn't anything wrong with the car itself and it is in the file. Could someone please help me so I can try and figure out how to fix it? Thanks.

post the two files your using... the stock file and the one your wanting to use..
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

The two tunes and what cars they are supposed to be for will help alot.

Alot of times the manufacturers will change things between different model year vehicles so a 2008 XXX model vehicle has a different fuel level reader than a 2009 XXX model. The tunes may work as far as all other aspects go, but the different fuel readers may function in totally different ways meaning that if you use either tune on the other vehicle it will not read the fuel level.

Advanced Tuner
    My previous tuner used an 07 file, I have an 06 (i think) and my gas gauge was backwards. Just something to think about.

Just use the "compare option" (or whatever that is) for the two tunes and take all the differences and load them into your correct tune file so the gauge works.