Thread: LS Tuner in SF bay area?

Potential Tuner

LS Tuner in SF bay area?

Guys,

I'm looking for an experienced LS tuner in the San Francisco Bay Area
    -preferably in the San Jose or South bay area.

The car is an Ultima GTR with mid-engine crate LS7 & 180 headers. Pretty stock but acting up below 2500RPM. I'm also struggling with wiring the speed sensor which could be the problem.

Any help is appreciated,

Chris
    2007 Ultima GTR Kit Car, LS7 crate motor, G50/52 transaxle

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Just a comment. If you are the owner, you are a lucky ducker
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Advanced Tuner
    Hmmmmm.

Couple questions...
    Where are you driving this thing?
    Have you tried to get it registered or is it strictly a track car? (I know getting something like that through the BAR is unlikely, but with stuff like the E-rod motor there is hope.)

Potential Tuner

Yep- it's my car

I've been at this project for 4 years and am close to done.

In California we can register 500 "Specialty vehicles" per year under a program called SB100. It's a tricky process but once you are through it you never have to smog the car again. Brake and lamp inspect, CHP inspect, Smog ref., ect.. I beleve it's only open to kit builds but could be wrong.

The car is on Youtube if you are interested, search "chris julian ultima gtr"

I have temporary registration and can drive anywhere in the south bay.

Know any good Tuners??

Thanks, Chris

as I posted the link in my first post.. EC Tune is one of the best in cali.. he works with the hptstaff alot as well as he is a supermoderator on this forum.. He started his own company tuning a few years back.. also is tuning dodge with the (hptuners only) beta .. not yet avalible to the general public..

want it right and in cali.. would not go wrong..
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Potential Tuner

Thanks but he's too far......

He's in Southern CA and I'm on Northern CA.

I can't yet drive the car that far

Chris

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima GTR View Post
    He's in Southern CA and I'm on Northern CA.

I can't yet drive the car that far

Chris
    PM me your number and I'll give you a call. I live in Brentwood (near Antioch) and work in Sacramento.

Potential Tuner

LS7 Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by thesubfloor View Post
    PM me your number and I'll give you a call. I live in Brentwood (near Antioch) and work in Sacramento.
    Still tuning, I''m in Brentwood as well ?

Tuner in Training
    Im up in San Rafael, north of SF but you should do that thing on a dyno and I rent time from BRG Racing in Pacheco because they have a variable load dyno.

As for the VSS and low speed drivability, your ECM is probably looking for VSS on the CANBUS and depending on your transmission that may not be correct. Check out this thread on how to hardwire VSS input into a Gen4 ECM. Also, post up what hardware you are using to generate VSS.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...4000-RPM/page2

Specifically

"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    ahh ok, let me look into that. Are those pins used for something else on auto vehicles?
    As far as I know, only VSS. Either direct (71 and 72) or via replicated TOS (71 only).

here is the Schematic for an 07 Escalade with the 6.2 and 4l60e, 4l80e, 6l80e. Only thing is the 6.2 only came with a 6l80e and am unsure why this diagram shows all three trans. This was AllDataPro info. 71 VSS HI and 72 VSS LO

OnDemand shows 71 as the replicated TOS and 72 as VSS lo. But also shows the other two transmissions"

Tuner in Training
    Also check out www.gowrapsusa.com they are in Fremont. I have no association with them, but had a customer go through them with mixed success. He needed his car done and I couldn't get to the south bay in his timeframe.
    Last edited by afraptor22; 01-20-2021 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Bad link

Advanced Tuner
    Matt Gower / GP Tuning is another great option in the Bay Area.