Thread: having trouble case learn on E40 posable?

Advanced Tuner

having trouble case learn on E40 posable?

here are the dtc codes I had;
    [ECM] P0315 - Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0449 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0480 - Cooling Fan Relay 1 Control Circuit (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0481 - Cooling Fan Relay 2 Control Circuit (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0532 - Air Conditioning (A/C) Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P2119 - Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Range/Performance (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0315 - Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned
    [ECM] P0449 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit

I used Hp tunners to turn the flags off for P0449 evap P0532 a/c, P0480, P0481, and P2119 throttle range performnce.

Then I reflashed and ran the engine the only code I got was P0315 Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned

I have the body control module and cluster hooked up from a 2007 express van, the engine is a 2007 express van 4.8L as well, I am using a 2006 SSR computer and 2006 SSR pedal, LS2 knock sensors, this swap will be going into a 2004 colorado.

I have the ebrake set light on the dash, and I have pin C1 32 brake switch signal connected to CHMSL supply 12 volts across these wires means brakes released, brake the connection and the brakes are applied.. I think?? So I broke the connection between those wires set the ebrake by grounding the light blue wire pin A7 at the body control module, ran the engine up to operating temp, and the case learn button will not high light, it says stop scanner? What does that mean and how do I high light the button? THanks! -Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    here are the dtc codes I had;
    [ECM] P0315 - Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0449 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0480 - Cooling Fan Relay 1 Control Circuit (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0481 - Cooling Fan Relay 2 Control Circuit (Pending) (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0532 - Air Conditioning (A/C) Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P2119 - Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Range/Performance (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0315 - Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned
    [ECM] P0449 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Vent Solenoid Control Circuit

I used Hp tunners to turn the flags off for P0449 evap P0532 a/c, P0480, P0481, and P2119 throttle range performnce.

Then I reflashed and ran the engine the only code I got was P0315 Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned

I have the body control module and cluster hooked up from a 2007 express van, the engine is a 2007 express van 4.8L as well, I am using a 2006 SSR computer and 2006 SSR pedal, LS2 knock sensors, this swap will be going into a 2004 colorado.

I have the ebrake set light on the dash, and I have pin C1 32 brake switch signal connected to CHMSL supply 12 volts across these wires means brakes released, brake the connection and the brakes are applied.. I think?? So I broke the connection between those wires set the ebrake by grounding the light blue wire pin A7 at the body control module, ran the engine up to operating temp, and the case learn button will not high light, it says stop scanner? What does that mean and how do I high light the button? THanks! -Jamie

think that the brake switch has power when closed and then should go to ground when depressed..

when you open the scanner.. click connect.. then (DON'T) click the play button.. the play button is the problem.. (stop scanner)(stop recording)(close the log)(stay connected)...

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Tuner
    Good luck. Three years later and I still haven't got this to work.

Advanced Tuner
    update I get the button to high light and now I can attempt the case learn! I give up I tried 20 times to, two three tries at a time, then have to wait for it to cool down try again, keeps saying rpm to high tps high, the pedal is so touchy, I try to rev slowly and evenly, up to cut off. I also edited fuel cuttoff to 5500 rpm in stead of 6600 rpm as I don't want to blow my motor.

WTF am I doing worng?

I will post a vid ounce it loads -Jamie

Advanced Tuner
    here is the vid. Still have a bunch of issues to workout manely related to the throttle body, and also case learn. codes P2119 throttle body range, and PO315 crank aganle.
    anyone completed a sucsesful case learn with hp tunners? I had to set the tachout put of the SSR tune to serial and both tables set at 2, then it worked wiht the colorado cluster

[youtube]DseNKK5HVLQ[/youtube]

Advanced Tuner
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DseNK...layer_embedded

I guess you can't embed you tube vids here is the link

Advanced Tuner
    What version of HPtuners are you using?

Advanced Tuner
    okay finally worked for me! First try with beta release version 2.23 ask bill at hp tuners to send you one!