Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LS1 Ecu running non GM motor

But the factory LS1 crank reluctor is a good 9-10 inches in dia. and meant to fit on the back of the crank in the crank case. The sensor is 3 or so inches long to reach it through the block. I would think putting that behind your harmonic balancer would be a pain in the butt.

What did you have to do to the last dizzy to make it fit the engine? How much room is behind your timing cover? Does behind harmonic balancer mean outside or inside timing cover?

Advanced Tuner
    The trigger wheel im currently running is 9" dia.

I have a bracket made up for a Honeywell GT1 sensor which if my info is correct is the same dia as the LS1 sensor. I will just need to move the bracket back and inch or so which will be quite easy on my engine as its clamped to a support tube for the alt.

The Reluctor ring will be behind the pulley outside the Timing case.

these couple of links (not my car though.) will give you an idea of what im talk about and the room i have too work with

http://trigger-wheels.com/store/contents/en-uk/p46.html

http://trigger-wheels.com/store/contents/en-uk/p59.html

the current distributor had the body shortend, the shaft shortned and machine down to accept the rover gear and pump drive

cheers
    Luke
    Last edited by hiddeous; 12-01-2010 at 02:13 AM.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Wow, you have more room behind the crank than I thought.

What are you doing for harness and other sensors?

Advanced Tuner
    Probably going to source them locally from a wrecker. I think the tpos,ECT and IAT sensors i have will do the job, they are the same as those used on LS1's fitted too holdens here in Aus
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6