Thread: Upgrade

Tuner in Training

Upgrade

This might sound like whining, but I bought HP Tuner about 5-6 months ago. Shortly after I bought it (weeks), you satrted offering 2 vehicles for same the price I paid. So, now that I want to add a second vehicle, I have to pay $199 more. And this is a software only upgrade that you email me, right?

I dunno, it feels like I'm just giving away my money. I guess the 2nd vehicle thingie doesn't fall under the tier of "upgrades". And speaking of upgrades, will I get another 6 months of free upgrades when I add my 2nd vehicle?

Mark
    2000 TRANS AM WS6 A4
    6.6L w/D-1SC
    618 rwhp, 761 rwtq
    10.42 @ 131.4, 1.46 60'
    Bonneville 100 GT2 Class Winner
    3rd Place Seattle Roadster Show Pro Touring Class

http://community.webshots.com/user/wahusker

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Re: Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by MSCLCAR
    So, now that I want to add a second vehicle, I have to pay $199 more. And this is a software only upgrade that you email me, right?

I I guess the 2nd vehicle thingie doesn't fall under the tier of "upgrades". And speaking of upgrades, will I get another 6 months of free upgrades when I add my 2nd vehicle?

Mark
    yes, yes, correct it does not, nope.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner

I hear you there. This policy has left me pretty soured with the hptuners folk. I was willing to be on the boat as soon as 1.5 was released, but then felt blindsided that the same deal wouldn't be offered to members who had recently purchased and early adopted...clearly I wasn't choosing a second vehicle after the fact.

I still wish they would rethink this policy.
    2002 Z51 C5 MN6 Coupe&&SuperMaxx Headers, Vararam, Ti Exhaust

I think a lot of people forgot that we offered the EIO upgrade at half off.

For every customer that took advantage of the discounted upgrade process, HP Tuners took a loss financially.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners

For every customer that took advantage of the discounted upgrade process, HP Tuners took a loss financially.
    This was true, but I did not need EIO upgrade
    1999 Pewter Hardtop-TR224/224/114 w/Ported LS1 heads w/918's-LS6 Manifold w/stinger air intake, TPIS headers w/ Z06 cats-PRT's-Z06 sways and springs, HPTuner, Prior to headers 370 RWHP & 361 RWTQ

Senior Tuner

And you would have been paying $399 for that second vehicle instead of $199.....

Ken

Tuner in Training

I know Keith, and I realise how tough it is to make money in this business. And you guys give good support to us. But every time I think about adding my GTO, I think of my friends who bought HPT about a month after I did & got 2 different vehicles for the same price I paid for 1.

And if what the one guy posted is true (that I will not get 6 more months of updgrades) then I will REALLY be irritated. I've dumped about $15k in mods into my TA over the last couple years, and now I have 2 mouths to feed (GTO) so I need every deal I can get.

Apologies for the negative post, but I needed to vent.

Mark
    2000 TRANS AM WS6 A4
    6.6L w/D-1SC
    618 rwhp, 761 rwtq
    10.42 @ 131.4, 1.46 60'
    Bonneville 100 GT2 Class Winner
    3rd Place Seattle Roadster Show Pro Touring Class

http://community.webshots.com/user/wahusker

been there complained too.
    these upgrades are to pricey.

looks like MS is instore for my future.

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners

I paid $650 for the HPTuners package just as 1.5 arrived. No half off here, and I wasn't offered the 2nd vehicle upgrade either because I chose to be an early buyer of the 1.5 suite.
    2002 Z51 C5 MN6 Coupe&&SuperMaxx Headers, Vararam, Ti Exhaust

Potential Tuner

Manufacturer's change their incentives as the market changes, no news there. The HPT guys are just adjusting to market forces. An 05 GM vehicle is guaranteed to have better rebates as the model year goes on, would you expect GM to send a check to everyone who decided to buy early in the model year when the vehicle was the brand new model? Trust me, if you were in the retail business, you wouldn't do what you're asking them for, especially not for free.

Advanced Tuner

Let me make sure I am understanding this....

If I (today) add a vehicle type to my 1.6 version I will NOT get 6 months of support, to include the 2.0 upgrade?

??? ??? ???
    2007 CTS-V LS2