Thread: How to scale the DIC for proper MPG?

Potential Tuner

How to scale the DIC for proper MPG?

After upgrading my 99 Corvette to 60# injectors, the DIC calculated MPG is off a lot. How can I scale this with my HP Tuners? I found someone has done it with EFLive:

How can this be changed with HP Tuners?

It can be done but the multiplier you posted above probably had not been added to your OS you would need to send a request to have it added to your OS.

You can do a work around to get it correct just reset the DIC when you fill your tank and the next time you fill record the gallons used according to the DIC and divide actual gal by DIC gal. 15/16=0.9375 you will take that number and multiply injector flow rate by it then take maf and multiply it by 1.9375. That should correct the DIC and keep the air flow model correct.

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    It can be done but the multiplier you posted above probably had not been added to your OS you would need to send a request to have it added to your OS.

You can do a work around to get it correct just reset the DIC when you fill your tank and the next time you fill record the gallons used according to the DIC and divide actual gal by DIC gal. 15/16=0.9375 you will take that number and multiply injector flow rate by it then take maf and multiply it by 1.9375. That should correct the DIC and keep the air flow model correct.
    A lot of questionable info here

I disagree.

If you entered the proper values for your fuel injectors you will have very close MPG on your DIC. Sounds like you need to do some more work on your injector tables.

WGAF. That's my two cents.

I'm sure HPT could add that scalar. Submit a request.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    wow i need to fingre that table out.. the suburban just went 250 miles on 40 gallons! i must have something off a lot

Potential Tuner
    Sorry to bump an old thread. I've been looking around for the same answer. My DIC milage consistently reads 10% better than I really get. I would like to correct that error. I have calibrated my wheel rotations/odometer but the MPG is still consistently off. I have a stock (tuned) 8100 in an '05 YukonXL 2500.

Quote Originally Posted by deekster_caddy View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread. I've been looking around for the same answer. My DIC milage consistently reads 10% better than I really get. I would like to correct that error. I have calibrated my wheel rotations/odometer but the MPG is still consistently off. I have a stock (tuned) 8100 in an '05 YukonXL 2500.
    That happens from the factory too. They always read like 2 mpg high. That's why no one who knows uses the DIC for mpgs.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    That happens from the factory too. They always read like 2 mpg high. That's why no one who knows uses the DIC for mpgs.
    Thanks for the reply. Clearly it's factory, and consistent. Every GM I've been in with a DIC has the same error, almost the same % off as well. In my truck I know that when the DIC says I used 29 gallons, I am going to put in 32-33. The error is about the same as my hand calc'd MPG. So it must be a setting somewhere, and if they can write it, we can change it, no? Maybe? Please?

email support with your request, it can be added.

The PCM communicates the fuel used to the DIC based on the injector flow rate. If it is out by 10% then your will se a 10% error in the cluster.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    email support with your request, it can be added.

The PCM communicates the fuel used to the DIC based on the injector flow rate. If it is out by 10% then your will se a 10% error in the cluster.
    It would be great to have a scalar as mentioned on all of the GM tunes, especially when they are off from the factory and known good injector data is in the factory tune (one would hope).

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    added to 2.23.592 or later for OS 12606961
    - Cluster Fuel Factor
    - Cluster Inst Fuel Filter Coeff
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Can we get this for other applications? I'd love to be able to fix the DIC for my Z06, as well as customer cars since they tend to think they magically get hybrid gas mileage with 114lb injectors.

(I realize before I said WGAF)

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training

Excuse the ignorance, but what if we're running a 2 bar SD tune, could we multiply the injector table and the VE table instead and get the same results? Tuning newbie here

Advanced Tuner
    Is this in the newest build for E38's ??
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Advanced Tuner
    Bump for E38 support!