Thread: maf problem

Tuner in Training

maf problem

i have been working on tuning my truck over the past weeks and have noticed that the maf does not read any signal when i scan .it will set off the low freq dtc p0102 and stays at a constant 2.39g/s under any throttle positon, i have unplugged it while the truck is running and it will change the idle but run fine . what am i missing ? by the way this a retrofit 2001 6.0 with cam and boltons and a 4l60e . thanx in advance
    Last edited by ad6chevy; 12-13-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Not sure of your question, but if I understand what you're asking, you're trying to tune the VE and have the MAF failed and it's not acting the way you expect? You need to make a config file without logging the MAF. Logging the MAF when tuning the VE can shift your position on the VE and totally screw up your tuning. Write a config without the MAF in any of your tables/charts etc and see if it puts you in a different place on the VE table. It should due to it screwing up the airflow calcs.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

post your tune ands a log of the maf freq vs Hz.
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID