Thread: 2007 Mustang GT Need Help With Disabling TCS

Tuner in Training

2007 Mustang GT Need Help With Disabling TCS

So my tuner tured off tcs with another tuning app, I've got hp tuners I'm trying to locate within hp tuners where to turn on or off traction control for my 2007 mustang gt automatic but can't find anything even remotely close to what I'm looking for.

go back to the original tuner and get his tuning removed completely turned back to stock, then tune your vehicle with only HP tuners.

if you try to tune over top of his tune assuming it's diablo or sct, you will have problems. so use the diablo or sct "return to stock" option on the handheld.
    Last edited by Fox95; 12-19-2010 at 05:42 AM.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox95 View Post
    go back to the original tuner and get his tuning removed completely turned back to stock, then tune your vehicle with only HP tuners.

if you try to tune over top of his tune assuming it's diablo or sct, you will have problems. so use the diablo or sct "return to stock" option on the handheld.
    My question is how turn on or off tcs!
    My tuner original tuned the vehicle with sct, when I restore my vehicle I'm restoring it with hp tuners that would be the same as what my current condition is, correct me if I'm wrong but switching between tune apps shouldnt be a problem due to the ecms linear binary environment correct. So back to my original question how do I enable tcs.

please let me know what types of success you have with trying to return your vehicle back to stock with hp writing over top of a sct tune.

you do know that your sct handheld will be deemed useless at that point...

the sct handheld has to be unmarried from your car to be able to be used on another car.

your sct handheld will not read the hp tuners "Stock" tune file as the same as the one the sct has saved from your car and therefore will not marry to your car or any other for that matter again either.

you may be able to send it back to sct to have it unlocked/unmarried
    Last edited by Fox95; 12-22-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Tuner in Training

I completely concur.

I do understand what your saying, my tuner started out with sct, however he decided to use hptuners later down the road. hes my friend and he tuned the car with a sct handheld and laptop software we're not worried about the device. I'm just wondering if there is any information that might not be picked up by hptuners that was written with the sct. the car original was programmed with a diablo that came with the vortech kit, however the diablo would only allow me to modify 2 things, since the diablo takes a snap shot of your existing file and only modifies current values and leaves the other vaules intact, what I did was made mods to the oe file with hp tuners I.E speedo rearend, then stacked diablo onto the file for fuel and everything else. thats no longer being done considering what you mention above happened when my tuner got sidetracked by yours truly during a dyno pass and we forgot to unmarry the diablo and screwed it up.
    I really appreciate your help, my primary question is there any information that gets lost in translation if you will during the switching between programmer types.

yes, there are many things that are not shown, in hptuners, i honestly don't have a list but TC switch seems to be one from my memory.

also there are many things that are not seen and seen with different levels of the sct software, for instance, if you do not have "calibrator" access in their software, then you will not be able to see any of the the throttle body tuning tables.

I don't really use HP that much anymore so none of the ford stuff is really fresh in my mind as what tables are available and not available. (i would launch the software and look right now, but im on a mac, and don't run parrallels so restarting my laptop would be necessary, and, well, im a bit lazy (: )....

on another note, just because you read a ford with HP tuners and it's compares to a stock file with no changes that doesn't necessarily mean it's never been modded, as like i said sct and diablo can give you access to certain things that you may never see with hptuners.

Finding this out was quite a bit angering through sct several years ago, because as a dealer you buy into SCT's and Diablo's ford software then come to find out that you are not allowed access to everything until you've completed their adavanced tuning classes(which they charge for)

so if your car was tuned with a "pro racer" package dongle, then there's many things that you'd not see the same as a dealer with full software access. and even then Im still not 100% sure if there's other things behind the scenes that we aren't allowed to see.

a bit off topic.
    Last edited by Fox95; 12-25-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2007VortechGT View Post
    So my tuner tured off tcs with another tuning app, I've got hp tuners I'm trying to locate within hp tuners where to turn on or off traction control for my 2007 mustang gt automatic but can't find anything even remotely close to what I'm looking for.
    Go to the torque management section under engine. then click etc torque reduction vs rpm and zero out the TCS. and go to clip torque and do the same. thats about it