Thread: "Power Reduction" display....??

Tuner in Training

"Power Reduction" display....??

I've got a 99C5(FRC/M6)and when I hook up vcm to flash the computer sometimes on the display screen(below the tach/speedo..) I get a display that says "power reduction"...... this happened the first time I flashed and just happened again.... is it just the computer fu$%in w/ me? or is there really a power reduction or a problem? thanks for any help
    99 FRC, T76, 2bar, and lots of other wallet weight reduction mods....

Advanced Tuner

Re: "Power Reduction" display....??

sounds normal... when HPT connects to the PCM it has to basically tell all the other modules that communicate with the PCM to f*** off

Occurs on my GTP as well since there's more modules and external stuff than my F-Body

I believe it's just the other modules getting pissed off about being told to f*** off, fortuanetly they're just computers and don't remember this after the flash/read is done
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Potential Tuner

Happens to me about half the time.

Tuner in Training

another funny one happened to me yesterday, tried a new ifr table and wasnt working that great so I went to put the old one on and I rolled my window about half way down in the home depot parking lot, started the read process and all those other moduels were going haywire... the "time remaining" on the vcm program was going from 2min. to 4min. to 8min. and so on.. but only reading a few .1% at a time, I was shittinn... decided to wait it out and it was about 25min till it finished... but loaded the new program in 30sec. and all was fine after that.... although it was hot as heck sitting in the parking lot... thank goodness I had rolled the window down before I started... haha
    99 FRC, T76, 2bar, and lots of other wallet weight reduction mods....