Thread: 07 corvette won't connect to vcm

Tuner in Training

07 corvette won't connect to vcm

I have had hp tuners for about 3 years now and I got my vette a couple of months ago and I just now really felt like tuning it. When I first got the car I read the tune out of it everything went perfectly fine. Well I license the tune and I go out to do some logs well I plug the cable in to the obd II port and my service active handling and traction control lights come on. Then I try to connect with my scanner and it keeps saying make sure cable is properly connected and and vehicle is in ON position. So I check the fuses the ADLD whatever it is one and its good and for good measure I replace it anyway and that did not solve the problem. So what else could my problem be.
    2019 Camaro SS A10
    Long Tubes, CAI, Ported lt2 intake, Ported TB, and Flex fuel.

Tuner
    Update the VCM Suite. Send e-mail to support.

Disconnect the battery and tap the 2 cables together a couple times to power down the ECM. Reconnect battery. Don't connect HPT until you get the update installed.

Make sure the battery is fully charged or hookup battery charger. Turn off ALL accessories.
    Last edited by Roger Ramjet; 12-20-2010 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z71 silverado View Post
    I have had hp tuners for about 3 years now and I got my vette a couple of months ago and I just now really felt like tuning it. When I first got the car I read the tune out of it everything went perfectly fine. Well I license the tune and I go out to do some logs well I plug the cable in to the obd II port and my service active handling and traction control lights come on. Then I try to connect with my scanner and it keeps saying make sure cable is properly connected and and vehicle is in ON position. So I check the fuses the ADLD whatever it is one and its good and for good measure I replace it anyway and that did not solve the problem. So what else could my problem be.
    Does the MPVI dongle have a green light? If so, the fuse is fine and its getting power.
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.