Thread: Can't log with MPVI Pro

Tuner in Training

Can't log with MPVI Pro

Hey all,

Just got HP Tuners last week... new to tuning. I am having trouble getting the MPVI Pro to log stand-alone. I can scan just fine with the laptop plugged in, but when I trie to start it stand-alone, the ERR light comes on solid. I've read that is caused by corrupted logs, bad configuration, or no configuration. I've erased the logs and written the configuration several times now. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Senior Tuner
    Have you tried clearing last vehicle used?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Please email support at hptuners.com an infolog while connected to the vehicle in question along with a link to this thread.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Email sent, Bill.

I tried clearing the last vehicle used, and it didn't have any impact on the issue.

Tuner in Training
    Here was the response I got... for posterity's sake:

We recently found that our spi chip maker(the chip that holds the standalone datalogging memory) changed the chip id number, we are working on a fix for this via a firmware update and I will email you once ready. Unfortunately you are one of the serial numbers affected by this issue.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauge View Post
    Here was the response I got... for posterity's sake:
    I am in the same boat
    2009 CTS-V 2.9l KDi Whipple- Stainless Works 2" pimary headers-Stainles works 3" exhaust-New Era-KD Innovations ported TB-KDi HX-KDi HX pump-222/234 .605"/.615" 120lsa +3

Tuner in Training
    Not a big deal to me. So, I'll have the laptop in the passenger seat for a while. I can deal as long as the firmware update is out in a reasonable time. I certainly got a quick response. Happy for now.

Tuner in Training
    Same here. I have been waiting for the fix for about 5 months now though...

That sux on the wait time, I have the same issue and was hoping there was a fix.

Senior Tuner
    Im in the same boat, for about a year now I think? keep getting the run around, and my cable is practically unuseable now
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    Im in the same boat, for about a year now I think? keep getting the run around, and my cable is practically unuseable now
    Not quite a year Jeff, you emailed me 8/21/2010 so a little less then 5 months but thats neither here nor there. We are working on it, one thing we didn't want to do was add the new firmware into the current beta and then have it break a bunch of stuff delaying a public release further then its already been which is the main reason we've held off. Thats not to mention all the 3rd party crap that we've been having to deal with for the last 3 months trying to get our automated installer finished up that hasn't helped anything. We're trying to finish up 2.24 now so that we can bundle in the firmware at that time.

As you can probably tell I have a list of everyone who's contacted me about the issue so I know who to contact first when it comes to getting the firmware update
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 01-13-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the detailed update Bill. I think that's all we all needed just so we now have an idea of what is going on with it.

Potential Tuner

MPVI Pro - Not Scanning

Santa brought me HP Tuners for X-mas. I hooked the MPVI Pro to the OBD II port to scan today for the first time. The power light comes on however the scan light will not light when button is pushed. I'm new to this stuff. What do I do?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MtnGoat View Post
    Santa brought me HP Tuners for X-mas. I hooked the MPVI Pro to the OBD II port to scan today for the first time. The power light comes on however the scan light will not light when button is pushed. I'm new to this stuff. What do I do?
    Contact support at hptuners.com

Potential Tuner

Stand alone logging

I am having the same problem with a new unit I bought in February. Is there a fix for this?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    New beta appears to fix this guys, I've still got about 20 emails in queue I need to send out for those who have already got in contact with me previously about it.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32854

Potential Tuner
    How does the new beta fix the problem on the stand alone MPVI Pro when it is hooked directly to the OBDII port. I guess I don't understand this stuff. Does the standalone unit need to be hooked up to the computer and the OBDII at the beginning of this process or how does the firmware/software in the stand alone get up dated so the standalone can record from the OBDII port w/o the computer. Thanks for your help in advance.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the firmware update allows you to record from the obd2 port w/o the need for a computer to be hooked to the interface.

Potential Tuner
    I want to be able to record data with the stand alone interface. That's why I bought the "pro" version. Is this still not possible? If not when will this be possible?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MtnGoat View Post
    I want to be able to record data with the stand alone interface. That's why I bought the "pro" version. Is this still not possible? If not when will this be possible?
    Email support.