Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calibrated Success 2011 Training Classes

Calibrated Success 2011 Training Classes

I have set most of my training schedule for this year, but there may be a few adjustments or additions later. Since I'm no longer tied to the Volt's development and launch schedule, I've got a little more free time to teach. Here's the initial class listing, I'll update this thread if/when things change:

January 28-29, Secrets of EFI Calibration, Dallas TX
    March 26-27, Advanced GM, Janetty Racing, Waterbury CT
    April 9-10, Secrets of EFI Calibration, Willy's Carb Shop, Mt. Carmel IL
    May 21-22, Secrets of EFI Calibration, Mustang Dynamometer, Cleveland OH
    June 2-3, Advanced GM, Next Level Performance, Orlando FL
    July 16-17, Advanced GM, Redline Motorsports, Albany NY
    August 13-14, Advanced Ford, Mustang Dynamometer, Cleveland OH
    September 10-11, Advanced GM, Willy's Carb Shop, Mt. Carmel IL
    November ??, Secrets of EFI Calibration, Orlando FL

I've had a lot of requests for "can you have a class near X location?" and I've tried to spread it out. The Mt. Carmel location is actually fairly central to a lot of these since it's about a two hour drive from St. Louis, Nashville and Indy. Hopefully those of you who have been waiting for this opportunity will be able to join us for a class closer to home.

The "basic" class has been revised a bit and is now known as "Secrets of EFI Calibration". The August Advanced Ford class will be open to all software systems (including HPT). Registration for all classes listed here can be done directly through me. The classes are limited in size, so it's first come first registered.

Don't forget that the Advanced GM class fee includes a FREE copy of the "GM Tuning Beginner's Guide" DVD and data discs. If you've already bought a copy from Summit, you're eligible for a $250 discount with a copy of your receipt. This class has become a lot more dyno-intensive and fun since students are now coming in with a better fundamental understanding of the basics and we can now jump right into the more involved stuff that everyone really wants to see.

As usual, let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to meeting more of you in person this year!

EDIT: Class dates have been updated on the front page of my website.
    EDIT: Added Advanced Class in Orlando right before Hot Rod Power Tour
    EDIT: Added basic class in Dallas

I hope to make the Illinois class in September. Thanks for sharing the dates and locations!

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Wish you were closer to Texas.
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

I'm actually working on the TX thing for you now. I'm just waiting to hear back on final confirmation of a SOEFIC class in late January as well as an Advanced later in the year. The early (basic) course may have very limited space since many of the slots are already spoken for through the host college. The advanced course is just waiting on the host company to confirm. That one would most likely be in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of the year. Stay tuned...

I just added another summer Advanced Class date in Orlando. This one will be at Next Level Performance again. Even better, this class will take place the two days immediately before the start of the Hot Rod Power Tour about 30 minutes away. If you've been thinking about coming to a class in Florida and were also on the fence about catching part of the Power Tour, here's your chance to do both. I'm going to be doing the Long Haul all the back to my home in Detroit, so feel free to join us for the best damn training in the business followed by the best rolling car show (and burnout contests) in America.

Tuner in Training
    Greg, I'm really interested in taking one of your classes but both of the classes that will be near me are the advanced GM (I'm in NY). How bad will it be that I haven't taken the basic course yet? Any chance you would be able to add a basic course in the NY, NJ area?
    Last edited by JJaiman; 01-12-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Nice! I hope to attend a class in Ohio and or NY.

I don't require that you take one class before the other. Both classes have their own unique material, each with a slightly different focus. I've actually had many people come back for the "basic" course after taking the Advanced courses just to round out their knowledge a little more.

For the Advanced GM class, the only prerequisite is that you view my "GM Beginner's Tuning Guide" DVD before attending. The cost of the DVD is included in the class, and I offer a $250 course credit to those who have already bought a legitimate copy through Summit. The DVD covers some of the fundamentals so that we can spend more time in the advanced class covering things like drive by wire (safety checks!), proper scaling technique, "Virtual VE", and driveability/emissions tuning. These are a lot easier to cover if everyone already understands the foundation concepts.

Advanced Tuner
    CT isnt to far of a ride from 18901
    love to attend
    [IMG][/IMG]

May 21-22, Secrets of EFI Calibration, Mustang Dynamometer, Cleveland OH

Signed up...

come out to the mideast!

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    come out to the mideast!
    I can bring the classes pretty much anywhere. The trick is that we need to make sure that we have enough people signed up to cover my travel cost and time. If you've got a committed group over there, shoot me an email and we can set it up.

For the US guys, I still have spots available for the Advanced GM class at the end of this month in CT. Email me directly if you want to sign up.

Advanced Tuner
    if i goto the orlando one, can we practice tuning on my car?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY BOY View Post
    CT isnt to far of a ride from 18901
    love to attend
    That Sure is Purty, Hope you can Make it, Bring that Beast.

Ted.

How about Arizona?!?!??!

I keep getting requests that go like this: "If I bring my car to the class, can we use it as a demo?"

Up until now, my answer has always been "No." My reason was that I want to focus more on the calibration procedure with a known good combo rather than troubleshooting mechanical or electrical issues. Don't take it personally. I know you all put a lot of time and effort into your cars and most of them are built really well.

However, since the first DVD has been out for a while and many are watching and learning the basics there before coming to the class, we now have a little more time in the normal class schedule to cover additional topics. I have a second DVD coming out this year that will cover more of the advanced stuff that we typically address in the Advanced GM tuning class. This leaves us with the opportunity to look into a few case-specific issues in the live classes.

This is where you come in. If you have a car that you've brought to the class, I'm willing to entertain using it as a live demo provided:

1) There are no mechanical or electrical issues. This means that if we find something that requires repair or a change of hardware as a class, much like in the real world on a real dyno your car gets rolled off.
    2) You have a car that really only requires calibration work. See #1 above. If you have unknown injectors, watch the DVD again. If you have a cam so big that there's no vacuum at idle, see #1 again. Run out of fuel pump? See #1. Injectors going static, see #1. Blowing out the spark because your plug gap is wrong, see #1.
    3) The hosting shop gets first crack at providing a demo vehicle. They're nice enough to let all of us show up on a weekend and bring our chaos to their normally calm operation, so I go out of my way to help them.
    4) There is something for the rest of the class to learn by looking at what your car does.

If you're good with this, then I'm willing to be more flexible. This will go for all of my classes (basic, Adv GM, Adv Ford) until someone gives me a reason not to let it happen any more. If you're on the fence about attending a class, hopefully this added dimension of learning will make it more appealing to you. Take a look at my previous students' comments and I'm sure you'll see that everyone has a great time and learns something(s) new. I look forward to seeing more of you in person. As usual, let me know if you have any questions.

Tuner
    Nice job my friend I will be coming to your class very soon..May 21-22, Secrets of EFI Calibration, Mustang Dynamometer, Cleveland OH

Thanks,
    Mr. 2008 SS
    Last edited by Mr. 2008 SS; 04-05-2011 at 11:27 AM.

The May 21st class at Mustang Dynamometer in OH should get pretty interesting. I'm planning to drive my personal twin turbo LS3 C6 and I also have a client bringing a supercharged C5 for the tuning demo. I still have slots open for this class. If you're interested, email me directly and I can get you on the list.

For those of you thinking about attending the next Advanced GM tuning class in Orlando on June 2-3, I'll also have my twin turbo C6 there along with a bunch of cool cars from Next Level Performance. This class is intentionally scheduled the two days before the start of the Hot Rod Power Tour because I'll be joining that for the long haul back to Detroit.

Looks like I may be taking another trip up to Redline in a few months... I learned a lot and really enjoyed the basic class that was hosted there last year.