Thread: 3400 MAF question

Senior Tuner

3400 MAF question

Anyone here had to upgrade their MAF in a 3400 yet? Im hitting almost 10K on mine N/A and thinking a MAF upgrade is in order. What is compatible with the VCM in a 3400? Can an LS1 MAF be used in my car for example? What else can I use?

I would imagine any 3 or 5 pin gm maf would be compatible. With the 5 pin ones, you just ignore the other 2 wires as they are for a built in IAT. The VCM in a 3400 is no different than any other gm v6 fyi

Senior Tuner
    My brother has the 02 Firehawk and is looking at some serious mods. In doing so he will be upgrading his MAF. Thinking his will suit me just fine for what I am into. Once I get this thing figured out, the shudder that we are talking about in the other thread, I have a vortech collecting dust that really is screaming to be installed, Im going nuts here. I have had the charger for over two years now and am yet to install it as I need this engine right before I add boost to the problem.

Yeah that will be a good MAF. Those are LS1 mafs unless SLP changed them. Should be good to roughly 300 whp's worth of airflow until you need to scale it back.

Senior Tuner
    I should be right around that number I figure actually, so it should do... NICE

Tuner in Training
    Wow 300whp n/a holyshit.

Senior Tuner
    no, no man... car is just over 200whp right now and will be pretty close to the 300 mark with the vortech installed. Its only a stage 2 build, not a stage 3 as I need it to pass emissions up here. Right now, NA I hit almost 10K in the MAF table. With the vortech on it this MAF will be useless.

Tuner in Training
    Ok cool i understand.I was so happy to finally get my car tuned better this fall.You saw how far my fuel trims where off and my maf table wow.After i rebuild my new trans and install the LSD.I really want to do a nice engine build.