Thread: loading a regal gs file into a regal ls?

Potential Tuner

loading a regal gs file into a regal ls?

so i have a 98 regal ls, mods are l26 block, xp cam, 110# valve springs, N* throttle body, LQ4 MAF, 42.5# injectors, ported gen 3, l26 heads, ZZP ssm90 LIM, 3.3 pulley, K&N cai, 180* stat, sd headers, autolight 103's gapped to .049, zzp fuel pump rewire, l67 map sensor, built trans (input shaft, pump shaft, gxp chains, 3rd z-pack, upgraded clutches, 4th hub, hd diff, stock convertor). its pretty much a top swap. this is my problem.. my map wont read over say 75-80. prj said it would be easiest to use a stock l67 bin for a 98 regal gs and tune from there. how do i go about this. i am a rookie when it comes to hpt as i just got it last week. from looking at the bin in my car and other peoples's bins, mine is WAAYYY off. the injector table was loaded in but the maf table for the lq4 was not. my tuner said it wasnt needed. it runs great and no knock, 18.5* of timing. cold start sucks horribly. also i had an incorrect gear ratio code from the hd diff and got that figured out now i get max adapt shift code. its beginning to be a nightmare. somehow i still get egr codes even though they are disabled? Please help! i posted my hpt file if anyone cares to help out and tell me what is wrong?
    Last edited by 04silvercompg; 01-08-2011 at 02:26 PM.

If you are new to HPTuners, then use this forum to do a lot of reading---learn how to use the scanner to see how far off your LTFT's (Long Term Fuel Trims)are and make adjustments to your MAF---tuning the MAF is very important.

If you want I can upload my tune for you to look at---I have a lot of similar mods to you and I have no cold start problems at all---you can compare your tune to mine in many areas to get you started.
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors