Thread: Windows 7 Connection Problem

Tuner in Training

Windows 7 Connection Problem

hello I am running windows 7. I have all the latest software installed and drivers updated. I am still having a connecting problem though my laptop chimes constantly when I connect to my VCM as if the interface USB is connecting and disconnecting on its own.

When it is not having this problem and is connected fine I get a multitude of errors/fails such as Bootloader download timed out, unable to locate VCM, Reading VCM Timed out, Requesting Access- Security Codes Denied.

Any thoughts.

I am running a bench top harness for my E40/T42

I get similar results with my 2000 Cavalier and 2007 GMC Sierra

Tuner
    There is only one car that I tune that I get this problem with. Everything else works fine.

Tuner in Training
    Mine does the samething it use to work fine on vista but once i went to windows 7 im having all these problems if i try to right click on a file it freezes

Have you tried this?

Windows 7 64 bit operating systems driver install instructions
    1)Download the drivers here http://www.hptuners.com/pub/HPT_MPVI_Drivers.zip
    2)Unzip the drivers to your desktop
    3)Connect your MPVI interface to your laptop
    4)At this point the driver install will likely fail(it did for me)
    5)Open the control panel and in the search window enter device drivers
    6)Under Device manager select the update device drivers one
    7)There will likely be two MPVI devices with an ! listed next to them in the 'other devices' section
    8)Right click on the first one, click update driver software
    9)A window will come up, tell it to browse my computer for driver software-from there find your desktop
    10) it will now install properly
    11)repeat for the second one and you're done!

Also are you running the 2.23 Beta?
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm