Thread: "Bricked" E67 LE5(2.4) Ion PCM HPTPro

Potential Tuner

"Bricked" E67 LE5(2.4) Ion PCM HPTPro

I tried to flash a tune on my 07 LE5(2.4) Ion and the car battery died. So now when I hook up the car battery the passlock freaks out because it can't find the VIN/PCM/OBD. The car lights and interior lights all flash. HPT did not finishing flashing the tune since the car battery was dead.

After charging the car battery, checking power to OBD port, checking fuses for PCM and OBD, and trying to perform an entire write with my stock file, HPT still comes up no VIN/PCM/OBD found. Even if I typed in the VIN I got nothing, so I have been told I have a nice bricked paperweight.

Before anyone says "why try with low battery voltage?"

Unfortunately it's called Michigan weather... it was 60 degrees and then it froze overnight and we saw 3 feet of snow in that day in November. I was going to flash it for the 80lb injectors so I could move it. The 2 foot long ice sticks that melt a little then fall where right above my car. I didn't think a day of sitting in freezing weather would kill the battery on my 07 with 30k miles on it, but this is my luck.

I purchased another E67 from a junkyard, was told it was from an LE5 but from looking at the service number and everything else on it I am guessing its from a L61.

My PCM

Was told this was an LE5 07 ION

I was told I can change the VIN and perform a "entire write" with my stock file on the PCM I bought. I have not tried to write it to the PCM as I wanted to confirm this one will work, as well as the matter of possibly having to pay another $100 in credits to register the "new" PCM's VIN after all of my nightmare luck.

My car is my DD and I have had to work on it in a 10x20 tin can storage unit, ghetto stealing electricity. Using a lightbulb screw in, two prong plug adapter because I need a ground for a surge strip so I can have a light thats not on the opposite wall, and a space heater! It is 10 miles away from my condo, and at 26 I am on SSDI, with physical disabilities that makes it impossible to even get out of bed most days, let alone work on the car.

I was supposed to have a heated garage and a week with my future brother in-law from Canada who was a high performance mechanic with his own shop. That didn't work out as he took a job welding for a company based in both the US/Canada so my sister can soon not be living there illegally.

I bit off a lot more than I could chew, but everything that could have gone wrong, has!

Sorry for my long rant, feel free to delete the unnecessary. Just have to find out what my next steps are and go from there...

please email support, it is not possible to fry the E67 even if doing a write entire to the PCM. I suspect there is some other issue causing the recovery to fail.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

You are likely out of luck aside from taking it to a dealer. HPT's licensing system checks the VIN/VCM ID on the ECM before flashing it and if there isn't one there, it won't flash it. While it COULD, that's how their licensing deal works.