Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theres about to be a surplus of android tablets

Theres about to be a surplus of android tablets

With all these new android tablets coming out i think it might be a HUGE leap in front of any competitors if you had the first full featured tuning app to work on a tablet.

The android language is very easy in retrospect compared to a PC, and most phones and tablets all have USB. Im pretty sure you can just plug in the Micro-USB to a cable with the standard USB plug on the MPVI.

One slick tablet about to be released, imagine having HPT available for its release. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kll_di3S_Qs

Advanced Tuner
    I'd be happy just to get 2.24 out before my Z06 is eligible for Historic vehicle plates.

Quote Originally Posted by LSXGOAT View Post
    With all these new android tablets coming out i think it might be a HUGE leap in front of any competitors if you had the first full featured tuning app to work on a tablet.

The android language is very easy in retrospect compared to a PC, and most phones and tablets all have USB. Im pretty sure you can just plug in the Micro-USB to a cable with the standard USB plug on the MPVI.

One slick tablet about to be released, imagine having HPT available for its release. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kll_di3S_Qs
    Well, HPT is written using .NET (probably C# or C++ but not sure). Android uses Google's own Java API. So, they would have to build the application from scratch plus building a low level interface to connect and communicate with the MPVI as well as with the PCM/ECM/ECU. You then run into some other problems due to the way android handles application requests, which could cause some catastrophic failures when doing reads/writes.

Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ06 View Post
    I'd be happy just to get 2.24 out before my Z06 is eligible for Historic vehicle plates.
    lol

Tuner
    Win7 tablets are coming...be patient.
    04 Ion Red Line - Black "Stealth Beauty"

For the android conversion http://mono-android.net/

02 VW Golf

98 Bonneville SSE
    03 Grandprix GT
    EcoModder

wow old bump
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado SS
    L92 Heads/ L92 Truck Intake
    OBX LT Headers
    Custom Ridings 3200 Stall Converter/Built Trans
    6 Piston ZO6 Brakes/ 2 pc 15" Front rotors

Tuner
    Been a year since this post and still waiting lol
    15 C7Z M7

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffo60 View Post
    Been a year since this post and still waiting lol
    Maybe my addition is bad but I think closer to two years.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Maybe my addition is bad but I think closer to two years.
    Yeah oops, I guess I'm still living in 2012 lol
    15 C7Z M7

now 2yrs closer.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    I thought about working on something like this. I am a computer programmer by day. Could possibly figure out how HPTuners does the communications by using a USB man in the middle type setup. But i don't have a PCM to test on. I once wrote some code that talked to an OBD2 emulator on my computer that was pretty cool. Maybe there would be a way to test using an emulator. I'm not really sure, none of this has really gone past the point of a thought process for me.

I know i'm digging up an old thread, hopefully nobody cares.
    Last edited by LooseCannon; 04-10-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Tuner
    I too do Android development. I have my doubts that they would allow this, as it would open up how the license keys are managed.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by granatl View Post
    I too do Android development. I have my doubts that they would allow this, as it would open up how the license keys are managed.
    Thats true, I didn't think about that. Guess we just have to leave it up to HP Tuners team to come out with something.
    2013 GT500 Black w/Black Stripes : Track Pack, Performance Pack, Navigation, Recaro Seats, CF 127mm JLT CAI, FRPP Monoblade, 2.4 Upper, 15% Lower, ID1000, L&M NSR Cams, Kooks Headers, Kooks Offroad X, Roush Axle Back

1998 Camaro Black : Forged 6.0 Block, D1SC 15lbs, 317 Heads, custom cam, meth, etc, etc

1996 Camaro Red (sold) : Forged 383, Brodix Heads, Custom Cam, 175 shot Nitrous, etc, etc

We do have positions available.

https://www.hptuners.com/employment/

Speaking of tablets though, my Surface Pro is probably one of my favorite HPT related purchases. Runs windows 8, touch screen, very portable, and runs the software very well.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    We do have positions available.

https://www.hptuners.com/employment/
    I saw that. Been thinking about it. Combining my passion for software development and my passion for cars would be a dream come true. Is relocating to HP Tuners headquarters mandatory, or can programmers work remotely?
    2013 GT500 Black w/Black Stripes : Track Pack, Performance Pack, Navigation, Recaro Seats, CF 127mm JLT CAI, FRPP Monoblade, 2.4 Upper, 15% Lower, ID1000, L&M NSR Cams, Kooks Headers, Kooks Offroad X, Roush Axle Back

1998 Camaro Black : Forged 6.0 Block, D1SC 15lbs, 317 Heads, custom cam, meth, etc, etc

1996 Camaro Red (sold) : Forged 383, Brodix Heads, Custom Cam, 175 shot Nitrous, etc, etc

Potential Tuner
    I just picked up a nexus 7 (13 version 2) is there anyway we can use hptuners on andriod yet?

Advanced Tuner
    Hate to bring this one back from the dead again, but I can't stress enough how awesome HPT would be if ported to Android OS. A HUGE market would open up, I can't believe nobody is river dancing on top of this one.

We are looking for a qualified mobile dev in the Chicagoland area....
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Wish mac would be able to use HPT but I guess I rather have an android tablet sliding around the car than my macbook pro. Anything to get a laptop out of the car and something smaller so I can leave it hooked up but hide out of sight and/or not slide around.