Thread: 2009 G8 race tune

2009 G8 race tune

I wanted to post this up for a review by anyone that would like to see it, basically want honest opinions on the quality of the tune. I haven't been to the track to see what it does over my previous PB of 13.2 @ 107. The car seems to run a lot stronger but I want some exper opinions.

*note: the tune is for review and use constitutes full knowledge that each vehicle is different and should be used at your own risk.

Attachment 26858

where is my post?

no one has any comments?

Tuner
    I just looked through it real quick, here is my two cents. I usually run a little more timing but every car is different. I would also smooth out the MAF table a little more. It isnt terrible but IMO it could be smoothed a little more. What A/F did you tune WOT? That could be the difference in your timing and mine. I will look through the tune some more when I have more time, those just caught my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    I just looked through it real quick, here is my two cents. I usually run a little more timing but every car is different. I would also smooth out the MAF table a little more. It isnt terrible but IMO it could be smoothed a little more. What A/F did you tune WOT? That could be the difference in your timing and mine. I will look through the tune some more when I have more time, those just caught my eye.
    The a/f ratio was an area of concern. The tuner locked in the Stoich A/F at 14.67822 across the board. I've seen others that are basically stock all the way across. As for MAF smoothing, I agree. I will do some datalogging and get that smoothed out with real world numbers. I think another area that I have a weird feeling on is the Spark table, do they seem high?

Are you seeing any knock retard? What kind of fuel are you running? 87, 91, 93? That stoich AFR is fine. Not sure about the PE AFR as I'm on my mac, and don't have hp tuners to open your file. But some more info would help use let you know the direction to head.

Not on my laptop right now but what's your shift points at?
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap