Thread: File hardware does not match VCM hardware???

File hardware does not match VCM hardware???

I am trying to write a Camaro 2002 OS into a PCM from a 2003 Escalade and I get this message when trying to do the write entire:
    Hardware Mismatch
    ---------------------------
    File hardware does not match VCM hardware.
    Verify that the loaded file is compatible with this VCM.

The 2002 OS is 12212156.

The 2003 PCM does have the IAC module installed - the HDW number is 12570558.

The reason I am doing this is because the Escalade is DBW and this is going into a cable drive car.

I was under the impression that I basically could write "any" OS into "any" PCM. Both are licensed.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The Escalade is probably a 1024kb P59 pcm vs the 512kb LS1 pcm so not compatible.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    I was about to post the same thing because I have a 03 Escalade file in Tunercat format that is a 1 MB size file, but I just downloaded a 03 Escalade file from the repository and it is a 512K size file in HPT format. What color are the conector labels on the Escalade PCM? Blue/Red or Blue/Green?

The ECM have blue/green connector labels. I am using a blue/red harness with the guide fins shaved off. Harness is supposed to have come of an '01 LQ4. The IAC and TPS wiring is there.

What I need to do is to have a DBC OS that I can install into this PCM. Hopefully one with manual trans as this car is running a TH350.

How do I tell if an OS is DBC? As I remember I have read something regarding '03-'04 Savana OS...maybe?

I guess I cannot find a 5.7L OS that will run on this PCM because they all turned DBW correct??

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    I was about to post the same thing because I have a 03 Escalade file in Tunercat format that is a 1 MB size file, but I just downloaded a 03 Escalade file from the repository and it is a 512K size file in HPT format. What color are the conector labels on the Escalade PCM? Blue/Red or Blue/Green?
    Remember that we compress files though so what might be a 1024kb binary might wind up being 490-600kb compressed

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    How do I tell if an OS is DBC? As I remember I have read something regarding '03-'04 Savana OS...maybe?
    if you have the latest beta you will see it in the System Options table, under ETC

you can disable the ETC with the latest beta for LS1's
    I count sheep in hex...

Perfect. If I can program the existing OS to run a cable TB then everything is OK.
    I have already requested the Beta through support.

just need to hope the IAC calibrations are populated, in most cases they are.
    I count sheep in hex...

If not, I can always use the beta to make sure an OS I pull from the repository really is DBC before I license it...

Found a 2003 Chevrolet Express file in the repository that is DBC, but I cannot open it.
    I get an error message: Unable to open file, Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Do I need the beta to open this file as well?

Senior Tuner
    Here is an 03 Van, 6.0L, 4L80E, DBC file that I read out of the vehicle today with 2.22.

Thanks!!

That one worked without any issues.

When can I expect support to get in contact with me regarding the beta?
    I requested it through the contact form a few days ago....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't have anyone waiting on the beta software currently. Resend your request with a link to this thread and I'll post when I send your email.