Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 bar map sensor for BA Falcon 3V

Tuner in Training

2 bar map sensor for BA Falcon 3V

What are guys using for the 3V Barra Ford V8 for 2 bar map sensors on boost conversions.??? From what I have read so far(and the tunes I have looked at). I have only seen the 1 bar maps retained (even over 8-10 psi) and fuel is all done through low and high injector flow rate and Fuel load tables.

Any help is appreciated

Joel

Advanced Tuner
    I Honestly have no Idea, but guessing is there any chance the turbo I6 map sensor will fit & plug in?

Sorry just throwing a thought out there?

Tuner in Training
    Hi Grant, No it doesn't fit but I presume you could do something with it. Only reason I ask is because all the blown 3V tunes I have looked at all are running 1 bar map sensors. The car in question is getting more boost so I was going to fit one up, evidently you then switch to boost enable. But so far there has been no side effects just using the low injector flow to do LTFT and hi to do WOT seams to come out pretty good. Unlike LS1s where you have a 2 bar VE table.

What about running an upgraded maf? I know two and three bar SD tunes are popular for GM. However I have seen as much as 1500 rwhp using a maf. (Twin Turbo Ford GT). I have never seen a tune for any of the aussie cars so I may have no business commenting in this thread.
    Regards,

Brian Turner

Dyno Tune Motorsports
    Dyno Tuning and Remote Tuning For Ford - GM - Chrysler Vehicles

Click Here For Dyno Tune Motorsports

1988 Ford Mustang GT INCON Systems TT
    331 Cubic Inches - Corn - 808 RWHP 918 RWTQ

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't think Aussie fords run a maf sensor.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    That's correct Bill otherwise I would just run a MAF

Not sure but don't know why it would be different and the 3 valve, but the boss260/290 use the turbo map sensor, but the wiring needs to be modded.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PLP View Post
    Not sure but don't know why it would be different and the 3 valve, but the boss260/290 use the turbo map sensor, but the wiring needs to be modded.
    I've heard you switch two wires around on them. Unsure which ones though?

Not sure with out a wiring diagram, but I think Herrod or Nizpro may have an adaptor loom (may also be wrong on that though)

Advanced Tuner
    So in saying that, if people don't upgrade the map's, are most of the tuners out there just using the stock map & then anything above 100Kpa all get's multiplied by pe for the final fuel?

That seems a bit rough, but if only using side mount 5 to 6 psi not too bad, but I still don't think I'd like to risk it!

the professional ones I have seen installed on boss motors have used the correct map sensor, I have seen owner fitted budget kits that have not used the correct sensor, but I have not seen a boosted 3 valve motor.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    So in saying that, if people don't upgrade the map's, are most of the tuners out there just using the stock map & then anything above 100Kpa all get's multiplied by pe for the final fuel?

That seems a bit rough, but if only using side mount 5 to 6 psi not too bad, but I still don't think I'd like to risk it!
    That's what appears to be the case. Yes a lot of tuners doing that. But I seen Dale from CHE who knows his stuff on just about all engines mention that he has played with a lot of fuel tables and have no success apart from Fuel load tables ie power enrichment and injector flow rate, there is a TT 3V one here posted somewhere looks as if that is what he has done. I guess the same can be had for XR6 tuners running over 14 psi with only 2 bar map sensors.

I would prefer to use the 2 bar sensor and set it up correctly. He was looking at getting a SCT dealer to look at it but for that price you can go aftermarket management and get much better control of a proper VE table.

the XR6 turbo map sensor reads above 14 psi

Using the 2 bar on the V8 allows rescaling of the spark tables to tune for the boost
    (load) level required. It is better on BF's as they have more resolution on their tables, but sucessful tuning can be done on the BA V8. We have done it on twin turbo XR8 and supercharged XR8

Advanced Tuner
    I was going to say that but wasn't absolutely positive, I think it goes close to 3 bar? or maybe 2.5?

I think they read 2.5, can be used to tune to over 20 psi

Tuner in Training
    OK, spark isnt to much of an issue more so the fuel side of things with the tables they have in place. I'm driving a 4 valve BA with a vortech on it to work now that has been done with SCT. It is a friends vehicle I might pull the tune and look at what they have done with it, evidently it has a 2 bar sensor.

cheers
    Last edited by hymey; 01-28-2011 at 06:45 AM.

There is a bit of fine tuning adjustment in the ford software
    you have the desired lambda at various throttle positions Vs RPM, speed density adjustments based on cam angle at various rpm (not applicable on the BA V8) and then you have correction to fuel based on load vs rpm as well as mulitpliers/adders etc

Tuner in Training
    cheers, thanks for the advice...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hymey View Post
    OK, spark isnt to much of an issue more so the fuel side of things with the tables they have in place. I'm driving a 4 valve BA with a vortech on it to work now that has been done with SCT. It is a friends vehicle I might pull the tune and look at what they have done with it, evidently it has a 2 bar sensor.

cheers
    Hi, did you download this tune? I'm looking to do the same to my 4V, and I'd like to get a copy of the tune if that possible, please.

Sevenohms

Advanced Tuner
    use a xr6 turbo map sensor and enable turbo logic and the job is done..