Thread: 2.7 pulley and 60 tune help.

Tuner in Training

2.7 pulley and 60 tune help.

Hi guys im new to HP tuning software. I just made my first tune for my cobalt i was wondering if you guys can give some pointers on my tuning any comments are welcome.
    Last edited by creepyss; 01-31-2011 at 04:56 PM.

There's a link posted to a redline forums thread that has the basic starting info somewhere on this forum. I would start there but this prolly isn't the best setup to start with as a beginner. Just my .02.

Tuner in Training
    First off what are all of your mods. Intake? Exhaust? Meth? Cooling Mods? Just by taking a quick glance at your tune I would say you need to find the injector spreadsheet and copy that info into your tune cause your offsets and and flowrates are off. Also you need to probably go back over your pe enrichment table. Your commanding 16.7/1 up to a certain point then 12.25/1 after that which is a little on the lean side for commanding 25 degrees of advance up top. Also are you logging a wideband?

Read the HPT manuals, help files, and instructional videos.
    Then read this;
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/attach...7&d=1283441116
    Tyler

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    There's a link posted to a redline forums thread that has the basic starting info somewhere on this forum. I would start there but this prolly isn't the best setup to start with as a beginner. Just my .02.
    thanxs for the info iam not doing the tuning just by my self I have a mentor thats is helping me, just new to hp tuners.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlowBalt764 View Post
    First off what are all of your mods. Intake? Exhaust? Meth? Cooling Mods? Just by taking a quick glance at your tune I would say you need to find the injector spreadsheet and copy that info into your tune cause your offsets and and flowrates are off. Also you need to probably go back over your pe enrichment table. Your commanding 16.7/1 up to a certain point then 12.25/1 after that which is a little on the lean side for commanding 25 degrees of advance up top. Also are you logging a wideband?
    Thanxs for the input thats the trouble that we ran into when doing the dynoruns the afr on the wideband is like 10.6
    The mods are fujita intake, dual pass with option b, 3 in catted downpipe, custom 2.5 exhaust with magnaflow muffler.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by omega_5 View Post
    Read the HPT manuals, help files, and instructional videos.
    Then read this;
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/attach...7&d=1283441116
    done! thanxs.

Potential Tuner
    hey dude what kinda gas are you running ? or are you spraying meth or are you running racing gas ? the only reason I ask is because I see you're commanding 23-25 * of timing even in the low timing tables...BTW I'm no tuning expert im new to this stuff and just wondering

Tuner in Training
    there seems to be a few issues with the tune. First thing I would do is get a hold of omega's injector spreadsheet and get all of your injector settings correct. After that you need to MAF and VE tune to get all of your fueling correct. You can also stick with the timing tables your using but a lot when starting to tune will choose to start with the gms2 timing tables and work from that making small changes at a time making sure to keep knock in check at all rpm and loads.

Quote Originally Posted by creepyss View Post
    Thanxs for the input thats the trouble that we ran into when doing the dynoruns the afr on the wideband is like 10.6
    The mods are fujita intake, dual pass with option b, 3 in catted downpipe, custom 2.5 exhaust with magnaflow muffler.
    Injector tables are way off, and you have Piston Protection on, these are your first problems. You need your PE table fixed then dial in your AFR using the injector offsets, MAF and VE tables. If you aren't running meth you need to bring your timing down alot. Also, you don't have all of your torque reduction modifiers removed and you have knock retard limited alot, which isn't really a good thing if you get knock.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rnjmur View Post
    Injector tables are way off, and you have Piston Protection on, these are your first problems. You need your PE table fixed then dial in your AFR using the injector offsets, MAF and VE tables. If you aren't running meth you need to bring your timing down alot. Also, you don't have all of your torque reduction modifiers removed and you have knock retard limited alot, which isn't really a good thing if you get knock.
    thanxs for the input. i dont have meth,this is the new tune without MAF and VE corrections done.the timing was up just to get more power i lowered inthe new tune i will log for knock tonight.
    which torque reduction modifiers?
    If someone have a better config file with histograghs for MAF and VE tuning would be nice to have.
    i would do a datalog tonight and post it. Im going to tune the MAF and VE
    Last edited by creepyss; 02-01-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlowBalt764 View Post
    there seems to be a few issues with the tune. First thing I would do is get a hold of omega's injector spreadsheet and get all of your injector settings correct. After that you need to MAF and VE tune to get all of your fueling correct. You can also stick with the timing tables your using but a lot when starting to tune will choose to start with the gms2 timing tables and work from that making small changes at a time making sure to keep knock in check at all rpm and loads.
    thanxs, I did the changes on the tune, anybody has a config file to tune MAF and VE better than the ones on the forums.

Tuner in Training
    the tune looks much better. I still think the timing looks high for a 2.7 ring with no meth. The only change I would personally make is your PE enable TPS. I would have something other than 0 for 2500 rpm and higher. As far as MAF tuning you just have to go to your dynamic airflow and set the disable to something like 300 and the enable to 200 and then your car will run completely off of the MAF. You also want to disable DFCO, LTFT and other modifiers as to get the most accurate results when tuning the MAF.

Advanced Tuner
    I would also not go with a straight line PE. Find BYT's LSJ spreadsheet, it will have a good PE map on it. Base it around that.

Do you have HPT pro or standard? The way you tune the VE and MAF will be by WBO2, which is from the output of the WB, or STFT's + LTFT's, which is from the stock O2. If you are just tuning by trims you would turn DFCO's. If you are tuning by WBO2 then you would turn of DFCO's, STFT's, LTFT's, etc..
    Last edited by HNRClothing; 02-01-2011 at 05:47 PM.

The new tune you posted is a little more inline for where it should be as a starting point. The PE really shouldn't be a straight line, but you can always play with that when you tune. You should drop your timing numbers, at least in the ~2816 RPM and ~.68 g/cyl areas and higher, by 8* then smooth and increase by small increments till you get knock OR get the GM stage 2 timing table and use it as a starting point. The timing you are commanding now at WOT is going to have some serious knock.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HNRClothing View Post
    I would also not go with a straight line PE. Find BYT's LSJ spreadsheet, it will have a good PE map on it. Base it around that.

Do you have HPT pro or standard? The way you tune the VE and MAF will be by WBO2, which is from the output of the WB, or STFT's + LTFT's, which is from the stock O2. If you are just tuning by trims you would turn DFCO's. If you are tuning by WBO2 then you would turn of DFCO's, STFT's, LTFT's, etc..
    I do have the spread sheet ill fix it when i get home.
    I have the pro but i would like to learn to tune the MAF and VE both ways with the WBo2 and LTFT+ STFT.How do you do it with LTFT+ STFT. Is there a how to tune with LTFT+ STFT somewhere in this forum i searched and found nothing.
    Last edited by creepyss; 02-01-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rnjmur View Post
    The new tune you posted is a little more inline for where it should be as a starting point. The PE really shouldn't be a straight line, but you can always play with that when you tune. You should drop your timing numbers, at least in the ~2816 RPM and ~.68 g/cyl areas and higher, by 8* then smooth and increase by small increments till you get knock OR get the GM stage 2 timing table and use it as a starting point. The timing you are commanding now at WOT is going to have some serious knock.
    Ill will do that start with gm stage 2 timing and fixed the PE with BYT spread sheet.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by creepyss View Post
    I do have the spread sheet ill fix it when i get home.
    I have the pro but i would like to learn to tune the MAF and VE both ways with the WBo2 and LTFT+ STFT.How do you do it with LTFT+ STFT. Is there a how to tune with LTFT+ STFT somewhere in this forum i searched and found nothing.
    More accurate would be the WBO2, honestly I would not tune the trims if you have a way to tune the actual AFR. Trims are not as accurate and when you are pushing some boost or making some good HP #'s it is critical to know what the AFR is at WOT so your car is "safe". Trims will not tell you this.

but if you want to just turn off DFCO's and have a LTFT+STFT histo created and go for a 15-20 minute drive varying throttle positions. Take the percentages recorded and multiply for VE and MAF by those percentages and repeat until you get close to -1 +1 in every cell. (or whatever you feel comfortable with)

Tuner in Training
    thanxs to everybody, and listen to this guys when they say do your research and read !!