Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: running 30PSI with 2.5 SD OS

OK, looking at it more I see your point. The ZR1 offset and linear are -11.25 and 312.5. But your linear maxes at 256. I guess you'll have to use -11.25 and 256 and know that your MAP is going to be less and less accurate the further up you go. Like you said, everything else is scaled so the fact that the MAP is off as well is just something else to fudge. Trying to whip up a spreadsheet that would show actual to fudged MAP values.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

So here is what I "think" it would look like. Sheet2 of the attached spreadsheet. So while the MAP is really seeing ~30 PSI it will report ~22 PSI.

Just print this out and tape it to your rear view.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    So here is what I "think" it would look like. Sheet2 of the attached spreadsheet. So while the MAP is really seeing ~30 PSI it will report ~22 PSI.

EXCELLENT BILL

did some searching and seems that i am getting conflicting info on zr1 map. is it 2.5 bar or 3.0 bar? i know that scaling shows it to be 3.0 bar......sure i can just go "old school" brick style but like the plug and play of the zr1 (assuming connector is the same)
    [IMG][/IMG]

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post

If you set up the scanner with the same offsets, would it be a copy/paste deal for lambda error?

Not exactly sure I get what you mean but the formula I used was derived from the AFR error formula so I think the answer is yes.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    ttt
    [IMG][/IMG]

Potential Tuner
    I've seen your post on squirrelforum, I mean corvetteforum.....
    Use ProEFI (ProEFI.com), not only is it plug and play for the most part but you can keep your drive by wire as well. Your not only getting much more tuning ability but it also has a good boost and traction control system built in not to mention all the other features that will save that expensive motor. I'm putting the ERL block in a C6 Z and with two HTA 3586's right now.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
    I've seen your post on squirrelforum, I mean corvetteforum.....
    Use ProEFI (ProEFI.com), not only is it plug and play for the most part but you can keep your drive by wire as well. Your not only getting much more tuning ability but it also has a good boost and traction control system built in not to mention all the other features that will save that expensive motor. I'm putting the ERL block in a C6 Z and with two HTA 3586's right now.
    got off the phone with them...sounds sweet. at this point wanna get motor in the car and go from there.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Advanced Tuner
    ok here is an update.

facts:

2.5 OS
    zr1 map

took the car to the track and ran over 255kpa and the scanner wouldnt read any higher then that. i set up histo to read higher but it didnt.

my question is this (hopefully i can explain it clearly)

does the 2.5 OS clamp at 255kpa even though i was able to set 312.50 offsets in the editor? car was going lean once i eclipsed 21 psi. it was repeatable.

does the scanner look at the map values in the editor?

i wanna test is this.

1) with that car not running but keyed on.

2) edit the map linear offset down to -14, change map sensor linear to 245kpa (assuming this the clamped figure) flash and then apply regulated air to map sensor and run scanner. i will watch scanner and gauge on regulator to see if 255kpa reads a higher psi (21) on the regulator gauge. if it does then then the 2.5 OS is clamped at that.

wanna set offset so that map reading of 255 equals approx. 30 psi on the regulator gauge.

whats ur thoughts?

appreciate ur feedback.
    Last edited by NICKY BOY; 10-04-2011 at 10:49 PM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Advanced Tuner
    hey nick,

just use these

they are the setting for the 2.5 bar map i use..

then adjust offset to what you key on engine off was with the old sensor. 255 on your ve table will be 30psi.

only issue i see is now you have to retune the entire table.

i think thats what you're trying to do anyways...

option two) pull engine and bore out to 500 ci.. lol

The scanner maxes at 255, even if your OS can read higher

Advanced Tuner
    anyone?

i dont think that running a scaled zr1 map will allow for higher then 21psi.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    hey nick,

just use these

they are the setting for the 2.5 bar map i use..

then adjust offset to what you key on engine off was with the old sensor. 255 on your ve table will be 30psi.

only issue i see is now you have to retune the entire table.

i think thats what you're trying to do anyways...

option two) pull engine and bore out to 500 ci.. lol
    yeah i need to play with is so that with car not running apply psi to the map to the point were the regulated air is reading ~30 psi and the scanner is just tipping into the 255 range

Quote Originally Posted by 383_Stroker View Post
    The scanner maxes at 255, even if your OS can read higher
    yeah scanner only showed 255 but scaled zr1 map at 312.50 doesnt work. i think that there is a hard code in the OS that once it sees 255 it wont go any higher. so you can put whatever u want in the engine dyn> map it wont go higher then 255.
    [IMG][/IMG]