Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Cruze 1.4T Tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by snowvette View Post
    Trust me sir, I have.
    PM me your serial # if you still don't have access and i'll hook you up.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Pmed you.
    Thanks.
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Bumping this. Is there a Cruze owners forum? I'm thinking of buying one of these.
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sure there are a few out there, I haven't seen any overly active ones though, try googling cruze, I'm sure you'll come up with a few hits.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Cruzetalk seems to be the most active.

Has anyone figured out what triggers the different driver demand tables yet?

Nope. I'd like to know this too.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalgse View Post
    Cruzetalk seems to be the most active.

Has anyone figured out what triggers the different driver demand tables yet?
    I've been checking that one out for the past few days. I'm going to look through the HPTuners forums more for tuning info as I can't seem to find anyone there that actually tunes and doesn't use Trifecta.

Advanced Tuner
    Got my car tonight, no longer own the Silverado. Not sure I'm going to tune this thing as it actually drives just fine for me right now. I didn't exhibit any issues tonight that the car review sites say about the transmission being very slow. Car is very peppy for me, but to be honest I haven't gone WOT with it yet, it only has a few miles on it.

Only disappointment is no E85, would have been awesome!

These cars are not bad stock. Some minor trans tweaks and they are pretty fun to drive.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by snowvette View Post
    These cars are not bad stock. Some minor trans tweaks and they are pretty fun to drive.
    I have read these run 16psi boost stock, but looking at the tune in the repository for a "stock" vehicle, the max psi should be 18.

What is preventing the vehicle from getting to 18psi? I have looked at the E78 tuning guide but it's unclear to me still.

It's also incredible how lean these things are commanded for PE from the factory...makes sense though as GM is striving for fuel economy and not power. Nice to see PE delay is set to 0msec though.

Tried searching for a definitive Cruze tuning thread, but no luck. If someone knows of one, please point me in the right direction!

Advanced Tuner
    Specifically,

The help file states that there is a Desired MAP and adding to Desired Throttle Pressure drop will add to the Desired MAP and thus get to your Boost Max Limit(stock is 18psi).

I'm struggling with understanding where "Desired MAP" is.

Did some more reading many time and I'm getting that Desired MAP is a result of modifying the Torque Management > Engine > Map A - Normal table. Is this right? If so, this means this table is the primary hold-back on achieving more boost.

So, according to the help file. I should be able to leave this table alone and simply use the Throttle Pressure Drop table to add to the Desired MAP and achieve added boost.

I used the trans settins from the file in this thread and the car feels great.
    I still think it needs just a little more work though. It sometimes feels as though the car is in one gear to high and the motor seems like its being lugged.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40355

Quote Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
    Specifically,

The help file states that there is a Desired MAP and adding to Desired Throttle Pressure drop will add to the Desired MAP and thus get to your Boost Max Limit(stock is 18psi).

I'm struggling with understanding where "Desired MAP" is.

Did some more reading many time and I'm getting that Desired MAP is a result of modifying the Torque Management > Engine > Map A - Normal table. Is this right? If so, this means this table is the primary hold-back on achieving more boost.

So, according to the help file. I should be able to leave this table alone and simply use the Throttle Pressure Drop table to add to the Desired MAP and achieve added boost.
    The main limiters of boost are:
    - Boost Max Limit (absolute max boost limit)
    - Knock Airmass (usually limits lower RPM boost)
    - Turbo Overspeed, Pressure Ratio Max (usually limits higher RPM boost)

Also, in the TqMgt General section:
    - peak torque
    - brake torque limit
    - overboost limit

To get to really high boost levels you'll need to increase the 100% pedal driver demand torque as well.

Stock i've seen as high as 26-28psi, but valve float (bending valves type or worse) is a real problem on these engines with stock springs at high boost and RPM. Also, you will make more power at the top end by lowering the boost, leaning out the fuel and increasing timing because the stock intercooler cannot keep up.

With the stock hardware we saw peak power increase of around 30% at the wheels and midrange almost 50%. Tighten up the shifts if you have an auto and the car is a lot of fun for 1.4L. I'm sure there's even more there if you mess with the cam timing, better intercooler or can get the thing to rev harder. I'd like to think this little thing should rev to 8k with the right mods but this i don't know.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone put E85 in these? I've seen some guys in Australia do it, but these don't appear to be FlexFuel for the US market.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    The main limiters of boost are:
    - Boost Max Limit (absolute max boost limit)
    - Knock Airmass (usually limits lower RPM boost)
    - Turbo Overspeed, Pressure Ratio Max (usually limits higher RPM boost)

Also, in the TqMgt General section:
    - peak torque
    - brake torque limit
    - overboost limit

To get to really high boost levels you'll need to increase the 100% pedal driver demand torque as well.

Stock i've seen as high as 26-28psi, but valve float (bending valves type or worse) is a real problem on these engines with stock springs at high boost and RPM. Also, you will make more power at the top end by lowering the boost, leaning out the fuel and increasing timing because the stock intercooler cannot keep up.

With the stock hardware we saw peak power increase of around 30% at the wheels and midrange almost 50%. Tighten up the shifts if you have an auto and the car is a lot of fun for 1.4L. I'm sure there's even more there if you mess with the cam timing, better intercooler or can get the thing to rev harder. I'd like to think this little thing should rev to 8k with the right mods but this i don't know.

Chris...
    This is where I am getting confused. The E78 help file says that the Desired MAP controls how much end power I get and that adding to the Desired Throttle Pressure Drop should get more boost. However, your posts in this thread alone have said differently than the help file.

So, from this post alone, it sounds like the torque management tables should allow me to get more boost up until I hit the Boost Max Limit which seems to be 18psi. At that point, I should raise the Boost Max Limit and probably the Drive Demand Torque.

I'll do some logging and more searching to see if I can clear up any confusion I have.

yeah the deisred throttle pressure drop adds to the desired MAP (which is calulated from the desired torque). The idea is that if you add a small drop 20-40kPa you get a more "sporty" feel to the vehicle. I guess becuase you are making a small amount of boost at part throttle. However, when i played with this table adding 20-40 kPa I found it added "weirdness" to the feel of the vehicle rather than "sportyness". I guess thats why GM calibrates it to zero most of the time also.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Added boost should lean out the fueling right? I wonder how these things are doing with the stock PE multipliers and added boost. Scares me to do anything without a wideband handy.

Advanced Tuner
    Logged the car for the first time today. Max boost I was hitting 12psi and my ECT's are extremely high, getting to 230!! Mind you it's 38 degrees outside, something isn't right.

Advanced Tuner
    Hehe, looky this. Pretty cool. I haven't touch a modern OS so this may just be new to me...

Potential Tuner
    anyone notice turning off torque shaping makes decel not really decel

or at least feel like it?

Since ive turned it off reguradless of pedal postion, if i let go, it almost just stays at the same speed

i dont feel any engine drag anymore???