Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Cruze 1.4T Tuning?

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure about your first question, why wouldn't you just be looking at the pre-configured timing retard table(usually the second histogram)? It has your airmass for the Y axis and RPM for the X axist.

Up any area in the table where you want the car to demand more power, it's really that easy. Just go to the 100% throttle line and set it to 200 across the board. You can also up the values of "part throttle" a little more if you want.
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

Advanced Tuner
    I am just not understanding setting 200 across the board on Demand A table when its set as VSS enabled... I dont think setting 800rpm to 200kw at 100% pedal position would be a wise idea.

For some reason my #1 histogram is recording half of what cylinder Airmass would be in the Table.
    I thought to make a histogram the same as the TurboCharger Knock Max Airmass to see where and at what rpm (and if timing retard...) might be close or hitting the limit.
    My histo seems to always just have one cell after importing the table.

I chose table: Turbocharger Knock Max Airmass... col is Timing Retard and Row sensor is Engine Speed...
    THis should match what is in the editor .hpt file, but it does not. I seem to have to <click to clear> and make my own manually
    thoughts?
    Last edited by smithers; 08-11-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by smithers View Post
    I am just not understanding setting 200 across the board on Demand A table when its set as VSS enabled... I dont think setting 800rpm to 200kw at 100% pedal position would be a wise idea.

For some reason my #1 histogram is recording half of what cylinder Airmass would be in the Table.
    I thought to make a histogram the same as the TurboCharger Knock Max Airmass to see where and at what rpm (and if timing retard...) might be close or hitting the limit.
    My histo seems to always just have one cell after importing the table.

I chose table: Turbocharger Knock Max Airmass... col is Timing Retard and Row sensor is Engine Speed...
    THis should match what is in the editor .hpt file, but it does not. I seem to have to <click to clear> and make my own manually
    thoughts?
    Why don't you think it would be a wise idea? Do what you want. You can ramp it in just like the OEM config.

Advanced Tuner
    Does anyone have an idea if there are additional limiters on 2013 models? I cannot get past 16-17psi using the methods Chris described here. I made a new thread with tune files attached as well.
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Advanced Tuner
    Can't look at your tune right now. What is your commanded pedal demand?

Advanced Tuner
    300 in the 100% row for all three maps
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Tuner in Training
    Anyone swap to the 42lb Bosch green giant injectors for e85/flexfuel that are willing to share the fuel injector cal data? The 2011 6.0 Silverado has the e78 w/ the 42lb injectors and I have that tune file, has anyone else used this cal data with good results?

Offset vs. Press vs. IGNV, Flow Rate vs. Press, Short Pulse Limit, Short Pulse Adder, Min Injector Pulse all seem fairly straight forward.

Not sure about the injector timing tables though, aren't these more cam specific and less related to injector size?

Excuse my ignorance...any help would be appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LS4FTL View Post
    Anyone swap to the 42lb Bosch green giant injectors for e85/flexfuel that are willing to share the fuel injector cal data? The 2011 6.0 Silverado has the e78 w/ the 42lb injectors and I have that tune file, has anyone else used this cal data with good results?

Offset vs. Press vs. IGNV, Flow Rate vs. Press, Short Pulse Limit, Short Pulse Adder, Min Injector Pulse all seem fairly straight forward.

Not sure about the injector timing tables though, aren't these more cam specific and less related to injector size?

I know that this was done with EFILive and was successful. Chev/Holden 1.4L Cruze E85 FlexFuel Conversion

They strictly just copied and pasted the numbers from an L96 tune. The injector boundary is based on cam and where the injector is located. Since there is no aftermarket cams or intakes that move the location of the fuel injectors, you shuld not need to change these values.

Advanced Tuner
    I moved my engine temps to try to stay around ~200 instead of the stock value. When logging I was seeing that puppy hit 225f quite often. That means it's pulling timing and possibly leading to more knock than I need. Also have set my PE to enable at 65% ETC as I'm building boost so fast that running stoich even with 3 degrees reduced timing is not enough.

Tuner in Training
    Does the HPT support the 2014 yet? I just bought one, but it isn't listed as supported. Just want to know before I buy some more credits.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by supersle View Post
    Does the HPT support the 2014 yet? I just bought one, but it isn't listed as supported. Just want to know before I buy some more credits.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...265#post344265
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LS4FTL View Post

Have you tried going flexfuel yet? I have been thinking about going flexfuel but trying to find someone who has made the change to flexfuel for some feed back. I have E85 available in my area but if I go out of town I may not be able to find E85 so having flexfuel would be nice.

Tuner in Training

Help with tune

i had a good tune but made changes and forgot to change the name when i saved it and lost it all. now i have a problem when i go wot it misses like crazy and jumps around. i have attached my scan and config. just go to the very end for the best and last wot run. any help will be nice.

2012 1.4t 6a
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2000 GTP. 3.4", 3" ext no cat, no res. 12" brakes. 3.29 gears. and a lead foot, all make for a fun ride.

2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4 turbo 6A. just trying to make more power. no other mods

ASE, automotive parts technician.

Nitrous is like a hot blonde with a STD. You wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences.

Advanced Tuner
    2015 Chevy Cruze 1.4L - Anyone know what "idle gear map" does? Because I'm getting major fuel trim changes from park(rich) to in gear(lean). Wondering if this chart can be modified to fix that or if there's another chart that would be used for this because there doesn't seem to be a idle base running airflow chart

Tuner in Training
    2015 cruze- Has anybody run into this issue? i have sent an email to support just have nothing better to do while i wait for a response.

Capture.JPG

Tuner in Training
    Ok, so while trying to tune the MAF i ran into a problem. I logged the ltft and pasted into "airflow vs Frequency" table as multiply by %. After i did that the car would not idle. The fuel trims look ridiculous to me to start with. Only mod is SRI. Any pointers? what did i do wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turboskeeter10 View Post
    Have you tried going flexfuel yet? I have been thinking about going flexfuel but trying to find someone who has made the change to flexfuel for some feed back. I have E85 available in my area but if I go out of town I may not be able to find E85 so having flexfuel would be nice.

I have done the flex fuel setup on a 14 Sonic with just using the tables from the 6.0 with Bosch 42s and it has worked ok. It appears to follow the commanded AFR just fine. I did not mess with flow correction on this setup. I enabled the flex fuel option and set the sensor to virtual, adjusted the change delay, and amount. It reads very close to the E85 blend, adjusts AFR and timing accordingly, without using an actual sensor. I am using the other company, however, so the tables are different.