Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruze 1.4T Tuning?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    that screen shot reminds me of when i first opened my 2002 tahoe tune.....there were so many charts for a dude first learning that i darn near wreck my pants in fear.

there is so much in there to work with...good job chris thanks for the hard work!
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    Ready then?!

I'll take the new beta ASAP plz.

awsome. I have one waiting!
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
    Ready then?!

I already downloaded today's beta. no workie. maybe tomorrow, lol!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    I already downloaded today's beta. no workie. maybe tomorrow, lol!
    It works on the 2011 one we mapped out, I gotta touch base with chris to see if he's enabled writing in the public beta then its just a matter of him finishing up the 1 or 2 other 1.4t defs that were sent in as well as the other e78 defs and then e39's so hopefully within the next week or so all the loose ends will be tied up
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
    Ready then?!

Anyone that has emailed us a cruze file(or sonic one for that matter) will get an email from me as soon as their specific definition has been mapped out which usually takes a few days per.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    It works on the 2011 one we mapped out, I gotta touch base with chris to see if he's enabled writing in the public beta then its just a matter of him finishing up the 1 or 2 other 1.4t defs that were sent in as well as the other e78 defs and then e39's so hopefully within the next week or so all the loose ends will be tied up
    Oh well I assume that would be mine, lol....

Do I need to do another Read Entire then because it wouldn't open the file I already saved.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    na, the reads that were sent in all were fine. BTW there is more than 1 operating system per year so just because you sent in a 2011 Cruze operating system doesn't mean its the one we mapped. In the case of lets say an early 2k cavalier I4 there might be 10 different operating systems for just that one year. For the most part the newer pcm's aren't that severe but still the same idea, there are likely 2-3 operating systems for 2011 cruze, 2-3 2012 cruze operating systems, 1-2 2011 Silverado/Sierra E78 operating systems, 1-2 2012 Silverado/Sierra E78 operating systems, 1-2 2012 Sonic operating systems, etc.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 06-05-2012 at 04:21 PM.

na, the reads that were sent in all were fine. BTW there is more than 1 operating system per year so just because you sent in a 2011 Cruze operating system doesn't mean its the one we mapped. In the case of lets say an early 2k cavalier I4 there might be 10 different operating systems for just that one year. For the most part the newer pcm's aren't that severe but still the same idea, there are likely 2-3 operating systems for 2011 cruze, 2-3 2012 cruze operating systems, 1-2 2011 Silverado/Sierra E78 operating systems, 1-2 2012 Silverado/Sierra E78 operating systems, 1-2 2012 Sonic operating systems, etc.
    I misunderstood you to say you only had one 2011 os sent in, which would have been mine if that was the case. and yes, it sounded odd to me too but hey, I was hopeful.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you want you guys can start uploading these, sonic 1.4t, 2012 Camaro V6, etc reads to the repository http://www.hptuners.com/customers/tune_upload.php I'm sure we'll have other guys wanting to see what these new pcm's look like from an internal standpoint. For our customers privacy we(HP Tuners) don't upload any tunes to the repository so its purely voluntary

I'd upload my Cruze tune but it's not decoded yet! :-(

What about 2010/2011 V6 Camaro? Are those done?

Tuner in Training
    Anyone get support yet?? Would love to see a tune in the repository before I get mine.

Tuner in Training
    If I get mine I'll upload it right away...hint hint?

some os are supported and some are not yet.... I sent my file in the very second they could read the ecu. :-(. I guess mine is a hard one. :-)

should be done next week. I also have a lot of updating to do on the help files

You can at least play with the scanner while i finish up the remaining definitions.

The biggest change is that everything is torque based, the pedal tables request a desired torque and that gets arbitrated along with about 50 other things that can request, limit or modify the desired torque. It's worth noting that GM's software is now operating very much like Dodge.

There is a "predicted" torque (or as dodge calls it "slow" torque), this is delivered by the throttle (or other airflow based actuators like boost etc.). This is the main commanded torque from things like the drivers pedal and also cruise control and other things that want the engine to deliver a certain amount of torque.

Then there is a "immediate" torque (or "fast" torque). This is controlled by things like spark and fuel cut. Typically this is only a decreasing torque request and is used to quickly change the engine torque (such as torque management, DFCO, trans shift toque reduction etc.)

So keep that in mind when you see things that mention predicted or immediate torque. Things like idle control are completely torque based and command both predicted torque and immediate torque. You can think of these in a similar way as the previous idle ariflow and over/underspeed spark, but now it is torque based.

Also, now that everything is torque based there is a complex sanity checking of the engines torque output at all times. I have tried to cover most things but i'm sure there will be some things that are still there and will limit torque or cause REP etc. in some cases, so please keep this in mind when tuning and we will work as quickly as possible to solve any issues that arise and add any new parameters that need adding.

Remember, the E78 ECM is also used in some 2011/12 V8 trucks so there is more than just 1.4t guys giving us feedback to move ahead. There is also the E39 guys who are very close behind, they basically have the same code but with direct injection added fun as well

For the E78 i count almost 900 parameters in the editor (1000+ for the E39) and around 300 PIDs in the scanner and there are about 60 MPIDs (memory address PIDs) that will be added in the coming days. So there's more than enough to keep us all busy!

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Very interesting, Chris, thanks for the update!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'd upload my Cruze tune but it's not decoded yet! :-(

What about 2010/2011 V6 Camaro? Are those done?
    Right now the 2010/2011 V6 camaro is in limbo.

You can still upload the cruze/sonic files, I will make sure they get reviewed/posted as soon as the software update is ready for them

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    do these have factory wb or narrow?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    do these have factory wb or narrow?
    looks like a narrowband under the hood to me.

Right now the 2010/2011 V6 camaro is in limbo.

You can still upload the cruze/sonic files, I will make sure they get reviewed/posted as soon as the software update is ready for them
    do you need v6 camaro files or is the ecu not readable?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    looks like a narrowband under the hood to me.

do you need v6 camaro files or is the ecu not readable?
    2012 Camaro V6 is readable