Thread: How to get 2/3 bar E38 07 Silverado. Says not available, how to? what tables to tune

How to get 2/3 bar E38 07 Silverado. Says not available, how to? what tables to tune

I am tuning a 2007 New body style silverado with twin turbos on it. In the OS / VCM enhancements it shows not available for any upgrades (no 2 / 3 bar MAP - speed density).

I dont know what ECM comes factory on this truck but I want to be able to tune it with boost as the MAF will be maxed out.

Here is stock pcm file attached below.

Couple things

Also since there is no standard VE table. On the modified file Ive been working on, it drives fine and runs fine. Ive got the commanded PE approx 11.3:1 airfuel and Ive been scaling the MAF tables to get the airfuel in line with commanded.

Also Ive got the PE enable set pretty low around 50% since the truck makes plenty of boost etc when pulling a hill etc at that throttle because I dont have a VE table with normal Kpa range like older LS1 VE table...

Am I missing something on which table handles this stuff?
    ~01 Duramax 4x4 2500hd- 490rwhp - Kinda Fast
    ~00 Silver SS - 55k miles, 5xx rwhp, Fast
    ~00 Silver WS6 - 32k miles, 6xx rwhp, Faster
    ~89 NotchBack - LSx - S400, xxx rwhp, Fast'ish
    ~90 Mustang LX - 403" LSx S-91, 1,xxx rwhp, Fastest

ttttttttt

Steck. Could use a hand here. I'm having the same problem on my 415 cube maggied Silverado. Helps?
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

may try posting in vcm suite feature requests. see if bill can hook you up on a 2 bar. the 06-08 have it.

I'ma e-mail HP Tuners and see if they will send me an update yo.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

You can do a 2.5 bar VE with the equation based stuff. You just have to change your zone limits and use the EQ VE software. Throw in a 2.5bar sensor, put in the right calibration numbers for the sensor, and off you go.

You can also do boost-based fueling, to a point, with the factory OS. Use the IVT open loop fuel table to set your EQ ratio based on manifold pressure, up to 180kPa.

You can set your throttle limit on PE to something really low, and just use 90 or 95kPa as the MAP set point for PE. That's what I do on almost all boosted cars, although I'll adjust the throttle limits down low to prevent them from going into PE at 100kPa with hardly any throttle.

It isn't surprising that the custom OS isn't available. There probably isn't much demand for that platform.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

so for ivt afr is determined by 14.7/table value.

Quote Originally Posted by c.u View Post
    so for ivt afr is determined by 14.7/table value.
    Yes and no. The open loop fuel tables are multipliers. If all other tables are 1, then yes, what you said holds true. GM uses 1/lambda for all those numbers.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!