Thread: Aussie ford Loggind Inj Duty Cycle etc

Advanced Tuner

Aussie ford Loggind Inj Duty Cycle etc

Anybody had any luck logging duty cycle and spark source on our aussie Pcm's??

Would love too share some configs if somebodies worked this out
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

only with live link

Advanced Tuner
    Got a cheap X-cal 2 for sale that i can log with??

I did have but Grant got it off me a while ago, it's a shame that Hp does not log ford like they do with Holden/GM

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its a shame it isn't easier to do so or it would've already been done.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    What eerks me Bill is that on both the hpt site and the vcm suite site listing of supported car for logging Ford are listed.

http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcm...r_vehicles.php

I think in all fairness Aussie fords especially should be listed as limited logging and No stand alone data logging.

This was a selling point for me when buying HPT and the logger half works and stand alone does not....

Advanced Tuner
    SCT wont log on BA's so its not the be all of logging...

Advanced Tuner
    X-Cal 2's do a pretty decent job logging from
    Ba1's and 2's...?

Normally do not have a problem logging BA's but sometimes I have had to use an older version of livelink and my original ford data logger, not an X2 or 3

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    What eerks me Bill is that on both the hpt site and the vcm suite site listing of supported car for logging Ford are listed.

http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcm...r_vehicles.php

I think in all fairness Aussie fords especially should be listed as limited logging and No stand alone data logging.

This was a selling point for me when buying HPT and the logger half works and stand alone does not....
    As compared to what? Lets say theres 5000 pid's & dma's to log in total for 1 specific strategy what is the breakpoint for what is limited and what isn't? is it 1000 pids? is it 100 pids?

Most GM's have about 200 pid's. I think fords have around 100 so its not a ton worse off. Unfortunately DMA's are a pita to map on fords.

Additionally Australian fords technically are still in beta and their initial release hasn't even occurred yet. Tables, pids, etc. will eventually get added just like we still add tables even for 13+ year old GM platforms to this day.

DMA's is a huge project for fords and will take some time
    Standalone datalogging on ford requires new firmware code being written, I've been pushing for it for some time but we just don't have the resources to write it at this time.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Additionally Australian fords technically are still in beta and their initial release hasn't even occurred yet.
    -Bill
    why are they listed as supported then? every second FG i try and pull the tune out of is not supported... so i just gave up using HPT on them..

the "its coming one day" attitude is wearing very thin.. just like the hand held and dodge and ford before that..

Bill
    I'm not trying to be rude here and apologize in advance if it comes across that way and possibly others can post whether they get the same opinion, but your answers seem like it is just too hard for HP to do Ford.

In Australia we have had promises of live tuning on the fords ecu, promises that 6 speed tuning software will be here very shortly etc and we still do not have a product that I believe can be used on fords with 100% confidence.
    EFI live can work with Mainline dynos and log information together, when I asked Chris about this his response was there's no money in it to justify the resources that it would take to make it happen (Mainline are happy to do it). I tried to explian to him that he could sell a pass through filter to enable it to happen, but I think he was just not interested
    EFI Live did it and If I was to purchase software etc today, I would possibly pick EFI Live based on that point alone

I personally believe the way your logger works on GM, leaves LiveLink for dead, it's just a pitty it does not work on the fords, If it did I would use that over the SCT one.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    As compared to what? Lets say theres 5000 pid's & dma's to log in total for 1 specific strategy what is the breakpoint for what is limited and what isn't? is it 1000 pids? is it 100 pids?

Most GM's have about 200 pid's. I think fords have around 100 so its not a ton worse off. Unfortunately DMA's are a pita to map on fords.

Additionally Australian fords technically are still in beta and their initial release hasn't even occurred yet. Tables, pids, etc. will eventually get added just like we still add tables even for 13+ year old GM platforms to this day.

DMA's is a huge project for fords and will take some time
    Standalone datalogging on ford requires new firmware code being written, I've been pushing for it for some time but we just don't have the resources to write it at this time.

-Bill
    IMHO The Break point would be the PIDs that have been requested time and time again, Inj Pw, Spark Source, Waste Gate duty cycle, Knock Retard etc etc etc. Nobodies down playing the size of the task but we just keep getting the same answer thats its a big job. If not not going too happen tell us and let us decided too continue using your product.

You say in your post that aus fords are still in Beta, but you have also told me in the past that as far as your concerned the aus fords and completed.

Which one is it?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PLP View Post
    Bill
    EFI live can work with Mainline dynos and log information together, when I asked Chris about this his response was there's no money in it to justify the resources that it would take to make it happen (Mainline are happy to do it).
    Unfortunately Efi Live as much as it irks me to say actually put some for thought in to there second version device and fitted a comport with capability to allow digital logging and communication. Where as the response of above more or less explains it, bugger the future cash in now even though if it had serial logging is a benefit to professional tuners and home tuners.
    Instead of fixing the issues, lack of tables and feature for 20,000 OS why not have 50,000 half done Os that only just do the job just to say we support x many.It was years not weeks or months for the promised Aussie ford support. This was because bugger Australia we will do the us cars first. But they still except $100+ crediting for half down nonfunctional Os and take 3mths to fix there stuff up Money before Customer service seems to be the new way. I must say though the last beta appears to have fixed alot of the BA crashing issues i was having which is great and I'm thankfully for.

Advanced Tuner
    Pretty quite in here....

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    SCT wont log on BA's so its not the be all of logging...
    Get an xcal2, log direct to lappy and disable rapid packet

Advanced Tuner
    yep a customer has a old x2 i think i will make a deal on the x3 that the cant refuse