Thread: Just A Noob with a very easy question

Tuner in Training

Just A Noob with a very easy question

Hi guys,

im looking at purchasing the Pro version, i understand what you get and blah blah blahh.

but i read in a thread once you purchase the software your able to download/upload files other member have edited, so for example somebody uploaded "Holden sv6.file" i would be able to download it, though in the forums i have not seen many files available to download and load to the ecu (not just this model, but others). is there another site once you own the software where these files are mapped so i can download and edit them and load them?

if this is true could some please search for SV6 mods

Or have i been misslead ... yes i know wrong forum but... i believe in you guys have the same model of cars and engine setups you would be able to help me....

cheers any info is much appreciated

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sv6 kid View Post
    Hi guys,

im looking at purchasing the Pro version, i understand what you get and blah blah blahh.

but i read in a thread once you purchase the software your able to download/upload files other member have edited, so for example somebody uploaded "Holden sv6.file" i would be able to download it, though in the forums i have not seen many files available to download and load to the ecu (not just this model, but others). is there another site once you own the software where these files are mapped so i can download and edit them and load them?

if this is true could some please search for SV6 mods

Or have i been misslead ... yes i know wrong forum but... i believe in you guys have the same model of cars and engine setups you would be able to help me....

cheers any info is much appreciated
    You can download them if someone post them in the tune repository or in the forum.

You normally would read your stock PCM/VCM and start from there.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Tuner in Training

thank you

just one more question if i may.

im able to purchase the suite on ebay(US) significantly cheaper and is 100% genuine and comes with cables, but im unsure if the cables will link up to my ecu, are the cables standard for all countries for example a universal cable?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HP-Tu...Q5fAccessories
    Last edited by sv6 kid; 02-24-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    You are going to want to the seller/company on that one man.

Regarding car you are buying it for, make sure it is on the supported list. I fyou are out of the country it may not work with the vehicle.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Tuner in Training
    okay no probs.
    thanks alot you've been a big help

Have you got a 2006-2007 VZ SV6 by any chance? sedan?

Tuner in Training
    Hi, mate no i have an 2005 August model sedan,
    what are you chasing?

06/07 VZ SV6 Tune File. Either auto or manual.

----

Not after lower then 06 due to the tuning differences, and not after a ute as ute's pull a crapload of spark in the tune over a sedan due to their lighter rear end.

......... My money is on a 06/07 VZ SV6 Tune for the power i'm after.
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 03-05-2011 at 09:11 AM.