Thread: pe enable with boost

pe enable with boost

i'm really digging into this forum and trying to educate myself
    im turbocharging a 2001 camaro. and am trying to figure out how to setup the pe enable..i've read quite a few things, and am still a little confused on just how to do it.

1)TPS% i've heard of people leaving there PE ENABLE tps% really low so that thecomputer will really only rely on map kpa and rpm.

does that make sense or would the PE was always be enabled once you got past your chosen low tps%.

if that is correct, it sounds like a safe idea. or does anybody think that would be bad?

2) now the map kpa enable, i've read people setting that 10 or 15 kpa above their cruising kpa.... so, i just need to log driving aroud town without going to crazy and set it 10 to 15 above tha kpa ? i ALSO read somewhere to set it 105kpa when you are actually hitting boost. but that seems crazy to me. SHOULD I SET A BASE PE AFR FOR N/A(SAY 13:1. AND THEN ADD FUEL WHEN THE MAP MAXES OUT(BOOST HITS) TO 11.5 ISH?

3) RPM- im not sure. set it to the earlier rpm you reach a certain kpa?

i think i've read everything on the subject on here, already... any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.

I didn't know you could change any PE enable settings other than TPS in HPTuners? Unless you're using a .bin with TinyTuner... Anyway, set it to 32%, that should get you pretty close. You can mess with it all you want though :P IC'd I don't 'need' PE until roughly 120-130 kpa

i think you might be my new best friend mr. oakleafresin! you are probably right about us not having a table for stuff like that. i've been doing research on here, and not actually looking at the program, as i'm not able to tune at this time. i was looking at this. http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/200...rspective.html

IC'd equals intercooled, right? and why in the world would you not need PE until that high of a KPA. i would think you would need it at well before 105kpa when you hit boost(from what i've read).
    do you set your tps% to 32 across the board?
    Last edited by thebeewantsboost; 02-25-2011 at 04:17 PM.
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.