4T45E Shifting

This is stock tune
    Stock Tune.hpt
    This is turbo install start tune
    07 G5 2.4 auto turbo 60s IC.hpt
    This is tune in car 20% line pressure increase
    Attachment 27356

config and logs posted below
    Last edited by Ecotec2.4; 03-06-2011 at 12:06 PM.

config file used
    Attachment 27359
    just driving around
    Attachment 27360
    0-100 gear selector in D
    Attachment 27361
    0-100 gear selector in L after first shift then to I
    Attachment 27362

Hey R that 20% line pressure increase does feel better.
    Last edited by Ecotec2.4; 03-06-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Damn dude. Check out these changes. Use them and be careful. They are a little.... Drastic.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

I made the changes you suggested.
    Here is the new tune
    Had a question in the PM for you.
    Thanks
    Attachment 27368

Am I supposed to change the top line pressure chart back or leave it where its at. Thanks
    Attachment 27369

Yes change the top one to match the bottom.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Actually Randy, since the top chart is on a different axis, and the torque scale shows negative values, I would simply go back to stock, then take 1/2 of the positive portion of the table, increase by 10% and then the rest of the positive portion and increase by 20-30%. This will increase shift firmness at higher torque levels but make shifts not harsh but quicker at cruising speeds. The bottom table, leave as is. Sorry about the misunderstanding, I thought what you had shown me was the same table twice. I'm a wee bit dumb at times. Anyhow that should give you a good baseline so nothing gets torn up, and gives you some headroom to go either way.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Thanks Sir,
    I added 10% and 20% like suggested.
    I did a little log with the tune before this change
    and here is what I got.
    Attachment 27391
    I will get another in town log tomorrow night after work.
    Let me know how we are doing, it does feel firmer.
    Thanks again for your time.

That's starting to look better. Now with varying throttle amounts the transmission has different shift points to abide by. You're going to pick up some fuel economy. But the question is, how does it feel to you? Are we going the right or wrong way?

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

It feels better this morning with the last changes.
    I think we are going the right direction.
    Thanks again.

Here is tonights log.
    Attachment 27396
    Does feels better than the other night.
    Thanks again !

That's very good. Those are nice smooth transitions from what the log shows me and do I see some wheelspin issues between frame 15210 and 15250? Also..... Why does it look like your WB is always in the 14's? It seems to me that more power could be gained from a little lower AFR, and riddance of heating issues if you have any. I know you said you had some calibration issues, but..... 3 points? Oh well I'm glad it's better.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

I looked at the log and I seen what you are talking about, but I don't remember any wheel spin during that log. I got on it a bit there to see it shift down to second and I thought a car was going to pull out in front of me so off the gas. Usually no wheel spin until almost WOT and that area was only about 50% throttle so I'm not sure. The afr gets to around 11.5 or so when wot and I haven't notice any heating issues that I am aware of. I do notice with the dash hawk that when it shifts to third the TCC slip rpm goes way down almost 10-20 rpm instantly and the goes back up in the 100-200 rpm or higher almost as fast. I have not notice this action before on the dash hawk. I'll get a log again tonight and see what happens tonight. I sent a PM.
    Thank you again for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecotec2.4 View Post
    I looked at the log and I seen what you are talking about, but I don't remember any wheel spin during that log. I got on it a bit there to see it shift down to second and I thought a car was going to pull out in front of me so off the gas. Usually no wheel spin until almost WOT and that area was only about 50% throttle so I'm not sure. The afr gets to around 11.5 or so when wot and I haven't notice any heating issues that I am aware of. I do notice with the dash hawk that when it shifts to third the TCC slip rpm goes way down almost 10-20 rpm instantly and the goes back up in the 100-200 rpm or higher almost as fast. I have not notice this action before on the dash hawk. I'll get a log again tonight and see what happens tonight. I sent a PM.
    Thank you again for your time.
    So it stumbles when transitioning to WOT? Is your car running in pure MAF mode right now or is there a VE table playing with the coefficients? Bar none it should not stumble no matter what even when it pours more fuel to it. This may also be a MAF tuning problem.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

No Sir, it doesn't stumble when transitioning to WOT its just when it shifts to third, I'll point it out to you in the next log. I can't get you a log tonight but I will get that log you asked for tomorrow morning and post it later that day. It does feel better, I think I just need to get used to the new way it shifts
    Thanks again.

This is what you've been helping me with, Thanks.

Attachment 27403

Attachment 27402
    Last edited by Ecotec2.4; 03-09-2011 at 08:49 PM.

No Sir, it doesn't stumble when transitioning to WOT its just when it shifts to third, I'll point it out to you in the next log. I can't get you a log tonight but I will get that log you asked for tomorrow morning and post it later that day. It does feel better, I think I just need to get used to the new way it shifts
    Thanks again.

This is what you've been helping me with, Thanks.

Attachment 27403

Attachment 27402
    Its beautiful! Can you say Chick Magnet? I like where the BOV is located. Plus the chrome is a sweet touch. I'm honored to be helping with such a pretty car. Also I really like the red calipers and wheel hub faces. Congrats man.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Check these changes.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

I'll do that change after the weekend exhaust leak repair.
    Thanks.

IDRIVEAG8GT,
    would I be able to apply these tables to a the 4t40e in a Jbody, the table names are a little different, but most of the numbers are very close. or could you point me in the right direction, there was a post here awhile back for me but its gone, and I lost the info I had on my old laptop when it finally gave up the ghost.
    2004 2.2 Ecotec, CompCams Turbo Grind,
    3" exhaust, Precision PTB300-6157 intercooled
    HPT Pro, AEM EUGO wide-band

Potential Tuner
    This is stock tune
    Stock Tune.hpt
    This is turbo install start tune
    07 G5 2.4 auto turbo 60s IC.hpt
    This is tune in car 20% line pressure increase

config and logs posted below
    Hi!