Thread: tbss hard start....

tbss hard start....

I have an 06 trailblazer ss with a built 6.0 stock ported heads, with a pcmforless attitude cam. I have fuel trims perfect, wot perfect, and warm start perfect. The only thing I can't figure out is the cold start.

If it sits overnight, I have to open the throttle in order to get it to start. If I dont, it starts for half a second and shuts down. Once I get it started, I have to apply throttle for appx 15 seconds, then I can let off, and the idle settles perfect! After that, it starts and idles perfect. This is the only thing I can't figure out

I have messed with the cranking ve table and the cranking air table, and not much seems to help!!

I would greatly, greatly appreciate any and all input!!

Advanced Tuner
    Post the current tune file.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Cranking spark table maybe?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Here is the tune I'm working with. I feel like I'm back at square one, and am stuck on something soo simple! Hope I can find a fix!

I've tried adjusting the crank advance, to no avail

When i first try it, it gives one half second startup, then I have to apply throttle in order for it to start. Then it starts, runs rough for a few seconds, then clears up, After 10 seconds, it will idle on it's own

Thanks to any and all help

Senior Tuner
    We have mail order tunes to get that cam very close if you need it. We also go back and touch up the tune via datalogs. I would pay attention to your VE table, cranking VE, and look at minimum idle airflow. Those are key to getting it started right.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    You have too much Start Up airflow. Looks like you simply added a value of 3 to the entire table. You should put the table back to stock and add 20% at the very most.
    Focus more on getting the Final Idle Airflow Minimum table in order. You shouldnt need to add more than 30% to this table to get the idle stable.